Full Time Employee Contractor
Sustainment Operations Service Line Lead
CGI Federal is seeking a Sustainment Operations Service Line Lead for a portfolio of applications in operations and maintenance with enhancements in parallel created by multiple software development teams. The position requires interfacing with Software Developers and Test Engineers towards successful build, deployment, packaging and release of quality software. Many applications are mission-critical, where the Sustainment Operations Service Line Lead is required to set up and maintain processes to assure software quality. This is a customer-facing position where the Sustainment Operations Service Line Lead facilitates change control board meetings, documents and publishes approval for changes, assists the portfolio and project managers by creating configuration plans, maintaining configuration management databases and libraries, creating configuration management reports.
- Operate and maintain an application configuration management database and library for the project using standard configuration management library tools
- Assist/Train Project Team members to gain and maintain application configuration management proficiency
- Assist Project Manager in developing the application configuration management plan, provide configuration management reports as requested
- Participate in application CCB in accordance with the configuration management plan, engage customers and stakeholders to secure approval for envisioned changes, and change authorization before a release is deployed to production.
- Coordinate interfaces between release management and other functions/processes. Ensure quality of release including compliance with established standards.
- 10 years experience in development, configuration management and/or production operations
- BS in a related field
- 5+ years experience managing source control tools (TFS, Subversion, GIT, ClearCase, etc.) including ownership of source structure required for parallel maintenance and enhancement releases
- 5+ years experience administering defect and change management software such as TFS (managing work items), JIRA, Rally, ClearQuest, etc.
- 5+ years experience creating build definitions with continuous integration using tools such as TFS, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc. supporting multiple software development teams, interfacing with developers and test engineers as required. Archive builds and maintain build repositories for deployment to higher environments.
- Configuration/Release Management experience within a portfolio of 30-50 applications of varied sizes and criticality
- Consistent history (multiple years) with previous clients preferably US federal agencies
- Experience with scripting languages as Perl, Python, Unix shell scripting
- Development experience using C++ or Java
- Exposure to DOD/Coast Guard CM processes will be a plus
- ITIL certification
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary depending upon specific assignment, or upon any US government security clearance if required. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI?s legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job, contact: