Full Time Employee Contractor
Engineering Services Service Line Lead
CGI is seeking a senior level Technical Team Lead/Technical Architect experienced in all phases of SDLC. The successful candidate must be able to perform in a fast-paced environment for a prominent federal agency. A successful candidate will demonstrate experience in managing complex software development programs, deriving technical requirements, implementing scalable solutions, supporting a broad range of technologies and should be able to work alongside the Project/Program manager, technical staff and client product owners. A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills and an ability to effectively interact with senior client staff on a daily basis.
- Perform as a lead change agent for a diverse technical team and provide an expert capability and approach for completing the goals and requirements associated with the assigned project.
- Work collaboratively to identify the objectives and provide a breakdown of responsibilities, deliverables, phases and timelines to complete the delivery of the project in a timely and effective manner.
- Provide guidance and support documentation for all aspects necessary to deliver multiple, concurrent projects with project design or technical recommendation including planning, architecture, design, development, legacy migration, configuration management, build environments, testing, security, delivery and operations.
- Analyze and expand on existing requirements to develop and derive functional, non-functional and technical requirements that are buildable and testable.
- Establish and document the technical goals, strategy and deep-dive technical capability appropriate to mitigate unknowns in a complex interconnected project or system.
- Identify and provide documentation and recommendations for the acceptance or mitigation of any issues and risks associated with requirements, proposed systems, solutions, development, designs, plans and timelines.
- Identify development iterations, focus team development of prototypes and sample code that can be used by Developers.
- Provide knowledgeable solutions to resolve complex internal and external issues that can impact the success of the project.
- Interact in a professional manner with technologists, management, project management, Developers and other technical leads throughout the period of performance.
- Identify and mitigate technical unknowns through hands-on deep-dives across all layers of the target systems.
- Evaluate and set the technical framework for removing existing dependencies and direct database hooks so that new modern infrastructures can phase in over time without affecting overall performance or capabilities.
- Review existing documentation and identify gaps and refinements.
- Perform technical architecture and system analysis, and requirements analysis to determine project requirements.
- Participate in the configuration management of system components and documentation.
- Assist in developing plans for development and deployment.
- Oversee teams performing the analysis, design and development of prototypes including user interfaces and framework, database design and enterprise efforts that build on the proposed technical architecture.
- Develop and document the activities, resource estimates and timelines for all planning efforts, design, development, testing, deployment, reviews and approvals required, training and documentation needed and support needs to deliver a system or infrastructure project.
- Participate in reviews with steering committees and senior Managers.
- 10 years experience
- US citizenship
- Understanding of DHS SELC and Agile project management
- SOA (Service-Oriented Technical architecture)
- Enterprise Service Bus/Enterprise Technical architecture, distributed computing, including client-server, 3-tier (Java EE/J2EE) and Web-based
- Virtualized/Cloud-based environments
- Unix (HP, AIX, Linux), Windows
- Java and Java EE-related experience: Servlets, Spring Framework, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, JUnit.
- Automated systems performance, load, stress, data interface, code coverage and security evaluation tools
- Web 2.0 enhanced user interfaces
- SQL database implementations including Oracle DB, DOA, Stored Procedures, ORM
- Java web framework experience, such as Jersey, RESTEasy, Spring Web/MVC, Grails, Angular JS
- Service segmentation (data and business services), characterization, and definition
- RESTful Web Service design, HTTP
- XML Technologies (JAXB, DOM, StAX)
- Configuration Management/Source Control/Build Automation; Rally Software, Subversion
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- Certified Scrum Master certification
- ITIL certification preferred
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile environment
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary depending upon specific assignment, or upon any US government security clearance if required. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI?s legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job, contact: