Full Time Employee Contractor
The Department of State, Bureau of Diplomatic Security (DS), Office of Security Technology (ST), is responsible for the Department's Personnel Tracking and Locator (PTL) Program. PTL utilizes GPS satellite tracking for personnel, vehicles and aircraft. It is designed to maximize visualization of designated assets traveling and conducting operations in hostile or hazardous areas. This position will be responsible for working with DS/C/ST to provide technical and logistical services pertaining to the PTL tracker hardware and monitoring software.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Create travel reservations and travel orders through e2 Travel Solutions.
• Understand the US Department of State Visa issuance process and manage visa requests for Government customers and the contractor staff.
• Prepare, edit, and maintain various program management documents, as needed.
• Prepare contract deliverable reports, status items, and other action items, as needed.
• Provide support and assistance to the Government customers and the PTL Program Management Team by maintaining the leave/meeting calendar, take notes at meetings, update Action Item/Tasker database, as needed.
• Monitor tracker airtime costs, Embassy Air costs and other expenses related to the program.
• Arrange meetings to include: booking conference room, coordinating among participants and developing agendas.
• Record and publish meeting minutes as necessary
• Manipulate existing data, edit current information, or proofread new entries into a database for accuracy
• Bachelor’s Degree plus four years of experience preferred; High School Diploma plus 8 years of experience can substitute for a Bachelor’s Degree.
• Experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office, SharePoint, etc.
• Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under a minimum of supervision. Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast paced environment, and have a strong attention for detail.
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build/maintain professional working relationships;
• Be proactive with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, while handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Administrative Writing Skills, Finance/Budgeting Skills, Reporting Skills, Supply Management, Scheduling, Microsoft Office Skills, Organization, Time Management, Presentation Skills, Equipment Maintenance, Travel, Logistics, Verbal Communication
Domestic travel may be required for training and program coordination.
Work Environment: Full-time, 40-hour week in a general office environment.
Work Location: The CONUS work locations will be in DOS Annexes in Arlington and/or Springfield, VA
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. The employee must be able to stand, walk and sit for a prolonged period of time; use hands and/or fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distant vision. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 30-50 pounds. Medical conditions or physical impediments may disqualify candidates from overseas work where comprehensive medical care may be limited or unavailable, or where the condition or impediment would put the individual at unacceptable risk. Duties may be performed in an active combat zone where the employee would be required to seek shelter. There may be stress, psychological and physical hardships, and the possibility of living in field conditions associated with this position
• Must possess active Secret security clearance with immediate eligibility to be granted access to sensitive compartmentalized information.
• U.S. Citizen.
To apply for this job, contact: