Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2015 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a*Principal System Engineer -Autonomous Systems/ Research*to join our team. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The selected candidate will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary R&D team to develop unmanned aerial systems (UAS) solutions for both commercial and military applications. This position is within the ATC Immersive and Autonomous Systems (IAS) group. The group charter is to develop, demonstrate, and transition unmanned and autonomous technologies for our internal and external customers. The team has a strong track record of developing prototype systems, applications, and interface technologies that result in operational flying capabilities.
The candidate may choose to work from our corporate headquarters in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, or one of our regional facilities such as Warrenton, VA, Sterling VA or Columbia MD. The candidate will work closely with a geographically-diverse team of technologists.
For an exceptionally qualified candidate, the ability to telecommute is an option.
* Communicating and collaborating with technology and project leads across IAS operations in all US regions
* Engaging with academia, government and industry partners through publications, presentations and demonstrations
* Pursuing external funding opportunities that result in funded programs; capturing external contracts with DARPA, ONR, AFRL, ARL, NASA, FAA and other various government research labs
* Conducting literature reviews, table-top analyses, conceptual design assessments, and trade studies in support of technology development
* Acting as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for unmanned system, autonomy and other aviation – related applications
* Participating in technical interchange meetings and design working group meetings concerning software/hardware/human interfaces, and specialty engineering issues
* Interfacing with and supporting system engineers, architects, and domain leads through requirements capture, functional & integration testing
* Pilot license
* UAS license
* Team Member: Develops and sustains effective and cooperative working relationships with peers, managers and other internal or external personnel critical to successful performance, works to eliminate functional “silos" and other barriers that would stand in the way of producing effective results.
* Collaborative: Engages in cross-functional activities and collaborates across organizational boundaries.
* Self-starter: Seeks guidance when necessary and communicates effectively within the team but actively engages with work without continuous supervision. Knows when to ask for assistance but actively works to complete tasks. Identifies opportunities for additional work and engages proactively.
* Communicator: Actively listens, hears and understands what is said as well as not said, and comprehends the meaning and the intent, expresses thoughts effectively in individual and group situations and expresses facts, thoughts and ideas in a clear, concise, convincing and organized manner.
* Leader: Develops a vision and to articulate that vision. Works to gain cooperation from others to obtain information and accomplish tasks and goals while consistently seeking to obtain win-win situations.
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* PhD strongly preferred
* Applicant must be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. US Citizenship is required.
* Guidance, Navigation and Controls engineer with a strong flight dynamics and controls theory knowledge
* Avionics Embedded software
* Flight data analysis and corresponding design changes
* Aircraft integration, software and hardware debugging. Desire to understand all systems on the aircraft
* Experience with computer vision preferred
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-family balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation.We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Organization:** **Embedded Information Systems*
**Title:** *Principal Systems Engineer -Autonomous Systems/ Research/ Telecommuter*
**Location:** *Virginia-Sterling, VA*
**Requisition ID:** *SYS000000S2*
**Other Locations:** *United States-Maryland-Columbia, United States-Iowa-Cedar Rapids, United States-Texas-Richardson, United States-Virginia-Warrenton*
To apply for this job, contact: