Full Time Employee
Java Developer (Job Number:420344)
This position requires strong Java EE design and development skills to work within a team of business analysts, architects, software engineers and testers to design and develop web- based applications. Successful candidates will have experience collaborating in a software development team following a prescribed System Development Life Cycle (SDLC). The successful candidate will work at the direction of a technical lead and alongside current software developers to ramp-up their domain and system knowledge; anticipated tasks include the development and integration of software modules by following contemporary patterns and best practices. The candidate will also be responsible for thorough documentation, unit tests, and functional tests.
Primary Job Duties:
- Defines, designs and implements programs integrating multiple software systems, modules and technologies.
- Develops software that is object oriented and conforms to program standards to ensure reusability and repeatability.
- Works with version management system to control the release of changes.
- Works with bug tracking to resolve moderately complex issues and ensures that all bugs along with solutions are documented.
- Works closely with technical lead to ensure solutions will meet requirements.
- Communicates effectively in oral and written form.
- Demonstrated strong software design, engineering and development skills, including familiarity with modern software development patterns, practices and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (4 years) and 2+ years of Java EE development experience.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team setting.
- Exposure developing Single-Page Applications (SPAs) using technologies such as: o Node.js (npm) o AngularJS o Browserify o Grunt o Mocha o Karma
- Experience with service-oriented architectures and web service development (REST, SOAP)
- Experience with the Spring framework (MVC, JDBC, dependency injection, etc.)
- Experience with assertion-based Junit testing
- Experience with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) such as Eclipse.
- Experience with a continuous-integration tool such as Jenkins.
- Experience with the Maven build automation tool.
- Experience with source-control repositories such as Subversion, and versioning techniques.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust (Moderate Risk) security clearance.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum practices
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence.
- Knowledge of SQL.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 7, 2016, 3:21:02 PM
Primary Location: United States-MO-KANSAS CITY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: