Full Time Employee
Budget Analyst (Job Number:420350)
SAIC is seeking an energetic individual with 7+ years’ experience analyzing and evaluating budgets for the Intelligence Community (IC). The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the IPPB&E Process and be comfortable briefing and working with senior staff within the IC. They will have experience with technical writing and have an aptitude for editing and be comfortable working on their own and on teams with other government staff and contractors.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify and evaluate budget trends for management consideration and proactively plan and develop strategies for the preparation, presentation, and defense of program budget activities.
- Analyze budget spend rates and advise the government staff of anomalies and formulate recommendations for corrective action plans.
- Formulate various communications for the government staff’s management of the organization’s budget to include execution reporting; contract status reports; contract head count reports; online daily execution reporting; annual spend plan and its current status; annual end of year report on the execution of the fiscal year’s funds.
- Plan and participate in the evaluation and production of budget justification material in support of the organization’s budget ensuring consistency with the organizations various missions.
- Review and summarize Congressional budget actions, including Congressional budget marks and other relevant legislation as they pertain to the organization’s mission; prepare communications for the organization’s leadership on the budget trends and issues that affect the mission.
- Plan and develop background papers, talking papers, resource issue papers and other analytic products to support day-to-day operations and actively participate in the definition, development and execution of program activities.
- *Must be a US Citizen** **Must currently possess a TS/SCI with Poly**
Required Education and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 7+ years of experience.
- Extensive understanding of the Intelligence Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (IPPBE) system and knowledge and familiarity with the principles, concepts and practices of budgeting and financial regulations, policies and procedures within the Intelligence Community
- Master ability to apply analytic, diagnostic and qualitative techniques sufficient to identify, evaluation and recommend solutions to resolve complex interrelated program and budgetary problems and issues.
- Proven ability to proactively develop corporate solutions when facing component level resource challenges.
- Extensive skills in Microsoft Excel to include advanced skills in pivot tables.
- Ability to translate comprehensive financial data into executive level communication material – written, oral and presentation – demonstrated ability to conduct independent research, filter and synthesize data and produce clear, logical and concise products for various levels of government management.
- Ability to organize and manage the execution of the annual budget plan for an ODNI component
- Understanding of the Economy Act and the management of transferring funding to other government agencies.
- Understanding of basics of Appropriation Law.
- Ability to learn new technologies for collecting, analyzing, and presenting the resource data for the government managers and leadership within the organization.
- Ability to collaboratively share knowledge in a less experienced government resource officer.
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing customer needs.
- Working knowledge of Budget Object Classes (BOC).
- Working knowledge of the BASIS financial management system.
- Working knowledge of the BASIS COGNOS reporting environment.
- Working knowledge of Tableau data analysis package.
- Experience in developing and producing financial management dashboards.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 8, 2016, 11:21:40 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI CI Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: