Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as 2016 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a*Senior Optician*to join our team in*Carlsbad, CA.*Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career,, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
*This position is located in Carlsbad, CA. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.*
* Primary responsibility will be to fabricate lenses for the Aerospace Industry
* Perform 3 axis and 5 axis CNC Shaping
* Grinding and Polishing of high precision glass lens components for the Aerospace Industry
* Measure results using standard machine shop Gage's and specialized methods for polished optical surfaces
* Re-tram and true machines on a regular basis
* Constructs, calibrates, adjusts, tests, maintains and troubleshoots electronic/optical/mechanical equipment, components, devices and systems working from schematics, engineering drawings and/or verbal instructions.
* Analyzes, interprets and records test data for engineering prototype and/or first article electronic/optical/mechanical equipment.
* Assists engineers with development of new engineering processes and/or products to ensure their manufacturability.
* Interfaces with departmental personnel concerning routine reporting or exchange of technical information that may require significant interpretations or discussion.
* Follow written/verbal instructions that detail timing and sequence of assigned task with moderate latitude permitted to consider alternative procedures.
* Utilize predetermined methods, sequences and set-ups to inspect or test electronic/optical/mechanical equipment or products, recommends necessary modification and adjustments to engineers.
* May provide technical support/instruction to less experienced technicians.
* Required to enter time in FIT timekeeping system, charging time to programs being worked and time/attendance.
* Regular and reliable attendance is required as well as flexibility to support production schedule requiring working overtime hours and alternate shift hours.
* Work in a safe manner, per Rockwell Collins Environmental Health and Safety policies.
* May be required to perform additional duties/responsibilities.
* Associate’s degree or, in absence of a degree, three years of work experience required.
* CNC Fabrication experience is required
* Optical Fabrication experience is required
* Familiarity with both inch and metric measurementsis preferred
* CMM operation, MasterCam, and CNC Machine repair experience is preferred
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation.We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or*5 percent if you save 8 percent*)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Job:** **Technicians (Non-Represented)*
**Organization:** **Cabin Systems Operations*
**Title:** *Senior Optician*
**Location:** *California-Carlsbad, CA*
**Requisition ID:** *TEC0000007W*
To apply for this job, contact: