Full Time Employee
Software Developer I (Job Number:420439)
The DoD Agencies and Commands Customer Group, COCOM Programs Directorate of SAIC currently has a contingency full-time position for a Software Developer I to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) JXXX, Fort Meade, Maryland.
The Level I Software Developer inspects, cleans, transforms, and models data with the goal of highlighting useful information, suggesting conclusions, and supporting decision making. He/she possess knowledge across the entire field of software technologies and engineering, including information, documentation, databases, model and architecture repositories, analysis, training, testing, data synthesis, hardware, software, standards, economic consideration of selecting techniques and processes, and interoperability. Develops software planning documentation, software requirements and design documentation, software support documentation, software test description documentation, Conducts software validation and verification, and software engineering anomaly resolution, Performs tasks in accordance with applicable DOD guidance (e.g., DOD Directive (DODD) 5000.1 and DOD Instruction (DODI) 5000.2) and industry standards (e.g., IEEE/EIA 12207.0, 12207.1, 12207.2, and ISO 9000-3).
Possesses technical knowledge and familiarity to work with the installation, demonstration, test, validation and evaluation of new and existing software, tools, methods, and software measurement technologies. Performs computer network exploitation development: embedded reverse engineering, vulnerability research, and application development for software and embedded systems with a focus on OCO, DCO, and CNE activities. Evaluates the quality of proposed and existing software systems and solutions that support various cyber software activities and are planned to be integrated into various networks and architectures. Performs needs and risk analysis of software packages [developmental Government Off-The-Shelf (GOTS) and COTS] relative to mission requirements. Develops, updates, and evaluates software engineering standards, specifications, handbooks, or manuals in relation to the development and testing of cyber capabilities.
Documents verification and validation of solution sets and protocols, and provide technical assistance to user organizations with all aspects of software acquisition. Develops life cycle models and customizes software analytical tools, models, decision aids, screening methods, and techniques used to evaluate and support the authenticity and continuity of DOD, national, commercial, and international information systems. Develops specialized software/firmware modules to run on embedded hardware that communicate across native communications channels and implement specialized functions on embedded systems. Disassembles and analyzes software and embedded firmware. Collaborates with Cyber Innovation Unit staff working multifunctional programs integrating hardware and software reverse engineering tasks. Develops, creates, and modifies general computer applications software or specialized utility programs.
Daily Tasks include:
- Provides technical assistance for analyzing user needs, translating them into requirements, and developing associated software solutions
- Coordinates and collaborates with a team of Integrators, Testers, and Network Engineers to meet criteria for each requirement
- Writes technical documentation to include, but not limited to, technical management plans, schedules, requirements documents, test documents, deployment documents, and technical briefings
- Develops code, tests, and debugs new software or enhancements to existing software.
- Provides technical support in the evaluation of software development
- Makes recommendations for improving documentation and development process standards
- Assists with developing and executing test procedures for prototype components
- Writes and reviews software and system documentation and software user manuals
- Develops research solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing system flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas
- Serves as research team lead at the level appropriate to the software prototype development process being used on any particular project
- Modifies existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Designs, develops, and modifies software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design
- Designs or implements complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Supports tactical engineering activities to include participating in design meetings and technical review meetings, developing technical plans to guide capability development, preparing test plans and procedures, executing tests and writing test reports, reporting status of capability development activities, and reporting goals and results
- Minimum 2 years of experience in application software development and a Bachelor’s Degree or 0 years of experience and a Masters Degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent communications skills
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Current TS/SCI with Polygraph (within seven years and as defined by the government)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 19, 2016, 2:39:40 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: