Full Time Employee
Animal Training Support I (Job Number:420514)
SAIC has a current opening for Marine Mammal Assistant in Silverdale, WA.
- Personnel performing this position will be required to perform preparation of rations, and cleaning of food preparation areas, animal enclosures and commons areas, as well as maintaining and cleaning specialized equipment.
- Personnel are also responsible for the operation and maintenance of small watercraft.
- Personnel perform feeding and administration of food supplements, perform observation of marine mammals, and assist with basic husbandry.
- The personnel in this position may be trained to become a designated secondary handler for specific animals.
- As part of an integrated military function the MMA1 performs tasks related to the care and training of marine mammals for specific marine mammal projects.
- *Must be able to obtain a secret level security clearance prior to starting work.**
- This position will require scuba diving. Advanced scuba skills are a plus.
- Job will require working outdoors, on boats in adverse weather conditions.
- All new hires will have to pass a swim & dive test in addition to possessing at minimum, a basic scuba certification.
- Personnel must be able to work flexible work hours (shift work) including weekends and holidays.
- A requirement for this position includes the ability to travel with animals for extended periods of time anywhere in the world, to include potentially harsh environmental and high risk locations, within 72 hours’ notice.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Basic SCUBA, High school diploma (or equivalent), and one of the following:
- One (1) year animal training experience -or- Operational and navigation experience on small boats (30’ or under), USCG license (operator of un-inspected passenger vessels/6pac – 46 CFR 10.467) or higher/U.S. Navy Coxswain’s certification, and Operational experience using maritime navigational devices -or- Advanced scuba diving certifications (i.e. dive master, instructor, commercial diver certification, 1st or 2nd class Navy Diver classification), and current First Aid and CPR certification, -or- Two (2) years of college and 3 months experience as a marine mammal custodian
- Must be physically fit and able to lift at least 50 lbs. Must be able to obtain a secret level security clearance prior to starting work.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 13, 2016, 3:49:57 PM
Primary Location: United States-WA-SILVERDALE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: