Full Time Employee
Telecommunications Electronics Technician IV (Job Number:420543)
SAIC is looking for a Telecommunications Electronics Technician IV to support a DOD client n Sierra Vista, AZ.
- Serves as the project engineer for a large, complex task order and shall assist senior management in working with the Contracting Officer, the Contracting Officer's Representative (COR), and other Government representatives.
- Under the guidance of the TEIS III Program Manager, responsible for the overall management of the specific task order and for insuring that the technical solutions and schedules in the task order are implemented in a timely manner. Performs enterprise wide horizontal integration planning.
- Interfaces with other functional and business areas.
- Will support full oversight and program execution plans for other managers and leads on the task order; specific oversight and management includes but is not limited to: technical requirements for system engineering, technical evaluations, Technical Working Group meetings, on-site technical support, equipment acquisition support, and implementation support for Global Transport to include Internet Protocol (IP) backbone routing technology refreshment and installation of Provider Edge (PE) or Customer Edge (CE) routers or a combination of such routers installed in support of the transport upgrades.
- Work will be based out of CONUS with travel and return to some CONUS, but mainly OCONUS sites particularly throughout Europe with some to SWA and the Pacific.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 2+ years’ related experience in the computer programming field or other qualifying credentials and experience or 6 years of related experience.
- Active DOD Secret clearance. Higher Clearance accepted.
- Must have experience supporting engineering, technical support, or installation with at least ONE of the below areas:
- Carrier Systems. This shall encompass multiplexers, ATM Switches, Synchronous Optical Network (SONET) Nodes, Transmission Security (TRANSEC) and Management and Control (M&C) requirements. The Contractor shall determine software configurations within system components to ensure mission requirements are met, to include modem settings, multiplexer configurations, and TRANSEC strap settings, as well as provide expertise in end-to-end troubleshooting of both test and operational missions.
- Internet Protocol (IP)/Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) Systems. This shall encompass Service Provider routers and components, to include but not limited to, Cisco and Juniper Service Provider routers and switches, Voice over IP (VoIP), Serial to IP (STI) or Circuit to Packet (CTP) edge devices, IP modems, and Ethernet/OTU encryption. The Contractor shall also have knowledge about IP network development; router and switch configurations; VoIP, Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Virtual Routing Forward (VRF) setup; serially interfacing routers or edge devices to carrier equipment; performing basic configurations using UNIX; and the integration of IP networks into the Global Information Grid (GIG).
- Transport Systems. This shall encompass the fiber optic multiplexers, encryption, and the connection of IP Routers and other Carrier Systems such as SONET into the OTS systems and the Global Information Grid (GIG).
- Timing and Synchronization. This shall require an understanding of jitter and drift and their impact on communications systems. The Contractor shall also have an understanding of timing references, to include cesium standard and global positioning system (GPS) derived timing, and the ability to troubleshoot timing problems in various architectures. Communications systems include tactical and strategic satellite communications as well as the terrestrial Defense Information Systems Network (DISN).
- General Communications Equipment Installation. Have installation team chiefs who understand the basic installation standards taught in the [define] BIC course or outlined in [define] BICSI and Telcordia standards. Such standards include, but are not limited to, installation of equipment racks on raised and solid concrete floors, to include securing the rack in accordance with local area earthquake requirements; leveling equipment racks; providing airflow cutouts; installation of equipment in racks; and dressing of all intra-rack cabling. This also includes installation of cable ladder (overhead and subfloor); installation of C- Channel on concrete floors and walls of varying materials; and dressing of inter-rack cables. Connections to power panel main circuit breakers will be required.
- Cable Fabrication. This includes, but is not limited to, fabrication of MIL-SPEC power cables, coax cables of various connector types (N, BNC, TNC), data cables (to include RS-530 other special fabrication assemblies), and Ethernet cables. This shall also include testing of all cables fabricated on site using the appropriate test equipment and tools.
- Fiber Optics. This includes, but is not limited to, installation of fiber optic cables (multi-strand and simplex/duplex jumper cables) in external manholes and within a communications facility. This shall also include experience with cutting, stripping and terminating individual fibers; high level of experience with the use a fusion splicer; performing power loss tests; and dressing fiber cables and jumpers while avoiding exceeding the minimum bend radius.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 28, 2016, 7:50:13 AM
Primary Location: United States-AZ-SIERRA VISTA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: