Full Time Employee
Senior Business Intelligence SME- Data Scientist (Job Number:420337)
SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Senior Business Intelligence SME. This position is contingent upon contract award and located in Mechanicsburg, PA.
The Senior SME is responsible for modeling, developing, customizing and tuning of business intelligence applications and solutions. Tasks can include developing, documenting and executing on test plans; planning and implementing data integration processes for multiple source systems. Plan the activities and resource requirements of assigned phases of an engagement; focus on the delivery of engagement results to the client; may require involvement in several engagements simultaneously and the coordination of other consultants involved in a specific project phase. The Senior SME often manages sub- teams of Junior Business Intelligence SMEs and other staff to successfully execute on certain data warehousing task objectives.
- Works in cross-functional teams with data at all stages of the analysis lifecycle to derive actionable insight.
- Translates mission needs into an end-to-end analytical approach to achieve results.
- Performs the pre-analytics areas of data collection and understanding, data cleansing and integration, and data storage and retrieval.
- Determines the appropriate analytics based on the data and the desired outcomes, using techniques including feature detection, statistics, data mining, predictive modeling, machine learning, natural language processing, and business intelligence.
- Interprets the validity of results and communicates the meaning of those results.
- Has familiarity with data wrangling, analytics, and visualization software and programming languages, including analytics methods for big data.
- Follows a scientific approach to generate value from data, verifying results at each step.
- Five years of technical experience implementing and deploying business intelligence, OLAP and decision support systems, as well as experience with data integration and RDBMS systems.
- Should have in depth knowledge of system design as well as system analysis, business modeling and consulting methodologies.
- Familiar with variety of technologies, particularly Business Intelligence, Database and Web.
- B.A. or B.S in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Economics, Business or applied science.
- An additional four years of relevant experience may be substituted for the Bachelors Degree.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 15, 2016, 1:08:27 PM
Primary Location: United States-PA-HARRISBURG
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: NACI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: