Abt Associates (abtassociates.com)
Full Time Employee
The Social and Economic Policy Division helps guide development of the nation’s prominent policies and programs. Our contributions—at all government levels—have resulted in better programs on housing, community revitalization, education, workforce development, income security, food assistance, and in support of children, youth, and disadvantaged families. Our clients include the Departments of Housing and Urban Development, Education, Health and Human Services, Labor, Veterans Affairs, and the Food and Nutrition Service, among others.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Subcontracts Administrator II to support the Social and Economic Policy Division. The Subcontracts Administrator II provides professional support to business areas and practices through the formation/ negotiation and administration of standard and more complex subcontract modifications and agreements under indirect supervision and monitoring of senior subcontracts staff. Coordinate timely maintenance of on-line procurement data bases and reporting systems and tools. Assist senior staff in development/support of complex or unique contractual documents. To support the development and implementation of systems, processes, policies and procedures that are unique to government contracting, as well as perform cradle-to-grave subcontract administration from pre-proposal activities to final closeout.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1. Develops subcontract specifications, terms and conditions for the procurement of technical services. Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders conferences and analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors.
2. Drafts moderately complex subcontract modifications and agreements as assigned by cognizant manager.
3. Review terms and conditions proposed by subcontractors’ vendors, incorporate Company preferred contractual positions, secure required approvals prior to execution of documents. Can negotiate changes to standards as needed, based on guidance received from cognizant manager.
4. Ensure all relevant Corporate standards have been complied with in the proposal review and /subcontract approval process.
5. Coordinate with and provides guidance to other subcontract team members for consistency in approach.
6. Work closely in developing and fulfilling small business utilization objectives.
7. Work with cognizant Manager in developing and maintaining a contract/subcontract database and ranking system.
8. Document all agreements reached in writing. Establish proper subcontract approval for audit purposes. Has adequate understanding of pertinent procurement regulations and procedures, including the FAR and 2 CFR 200. Implement and ensure compliance with full and open competition requirements to the maximum extent possible on all subcontract procurements.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
Developed knowledge of supplier source selection processes, subcontracts placement and administration.
Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
Problem solving skills
Demonstrated sense of urgency
Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
Working knowledge of Oracle system, applications and processes
Ability to work with all levels of management (internal and external)
Ability to manage conflicting priorities in fast paced environment.
Experience working with HUD, US Department of Education, SSA and other domestic US Government Agencies highly preferred.
Understanding of the difference between Acquisition and Assistance awards, including grants and GSA/MOBIS schedule awards also sought.
Bachelor degree and 2 – 4 years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
To apply for this job, contact: