Full Time Employee
Senior Data Scientist (Job Number:420574)
As a Data Scientist, you will leverage knowledge of data science, methodologies, and processing techniques to perform predictive analytics in the intelligence analysis domain. The candidate will possess knowledge in Applied Mathematics, to include: statistical analysis, temporal and pattern analysis, correlation of events, predictive probability analysis, and regression testing. The candidate will employ programming skills to perform analysis. The candidate will document and visualize data both temporally and spatially, and present data to managers. Ad-hoc informational briefings may also be required to explain methodologies and analytical findings to peers and customer stakeholders. The candidate will also investigate and implement new scientific analysis and methodologies to support big data analytics efforts and stay current with evolving technologies and capabilities.
- Gathers, analyzes, and interprets a wide variety of data.
- Plans data collection, and analyzes and interprets statistical data from surveys, experiments, studies, and other sources.
- Plans methods to collect information and develops questionnaire techniques according to survey design.
- Conducts surveys, evaluates reliability of source information, adjusts and weighs raw data, analyzes and interprets statistics, and organizes results.
- Prepares conclusions and predictions based on data summaries.
- Conceive and prepare thorough, well-articulated tactical or strategic data science products (e.g. technical articles, visualizations, graphics, and intelligence reports) that summarize the methods and results of data science solutions.
- Design range of research projects, data collection and methodologies.
- Identify, retrieve, manipulate, relate and/or exploit multiple structured data sets from various sources.
- Identify problems to which data science can be applied and initiate appropriate solutions.
- Identify and appropriately evaluate a wide range of existing methods, models and algorithms in familiar domains for a variety of mission driven problems; recognizing the capabilities and limitations of methods.
- Conduct analysis of metadata
- Develop tools and techniques for analysis
- Exploit, fuse and use data and data sources
- Identify and analyze anomalous data (including metadata)
- Analyze data using appropriate tool set
- Evaluate research for practical application
- Design and develop analytics
- 9+ years of related statistical analysis experience.
- Familiarity with one or more types of quantitative data analysis. Social network or graph analysis preferred, but statistical, geospatial, modeling and simulation, or other accepted.
- Experience cleaning and manipulating data
- Experience with predictive modeling
- Experience with developing and implementing complex algorithms
- Experience using statistical analysis tools (ie. R, RapidMiner)
- Experience with analyzing large volumes of data using distributed processing architectures (ie. Hadoop)
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Experience with Visual Basic and/or Python scripting
- Familiarity with Intelligence Community, preferred
- Master’s degree in data science, math, statistics, computer science or a related field
- Ph.D. in data science, math, statistics, computer science or a related field, preferred
- Top Secret, SCI eligible
- Active Top Secret/SCI, preferred
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Dec 7, 2016, 10:57:22 AM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE, United States-DC-WASHINGTON
To apply for this job, contact: