Full Time Employee Contractor
Principal Solutions Architect focused on designing innovative and cost effective technical solutions for the Department of Health and Human Services/Centers for Medicare and Medicaid. As a recognized expert, he/she will create solution approaches that optimize architectures covering complex systems in consideration of HHS/CMS needs, business constraints, and technological realities. Solutions will be built on knowledge gained through reviewing customer strategic plans, GAO reports, enterprise architecture roadmaps, meetings with senior leaders, etc. The Principal Solutions Architect will develop technical roadmaps for future implementations and perform advanced systems modeling, simulation, and analysis to ensure a best fit solution. He/she will produce, refine and leverage health IT strategic “differentiators” that will help grow business within HHS as well as other Health IT accounts. A strong candidate will have:
• Experience in Business Requirements Engineering, Enterprise Solution Architectures, Design and Development of complex systems, Deployment and Sustainment
• Experience marketing health IT solutions and serving as a forward facing subject matter expert in industry/customer forums
• In-depth understanding of emerging technologies relating to Health IT
• Demonstrated experience in Health and Deep understanding of Health IT standards, organizations, regulations, subject matter areas, policy and challenges including the Affordable Care Act (ACA), “Meaningful Use”, Health Information Exchanges, Population Health, “Connected Health”, Electronic Health Records (EHRs), Personal Health Information (PHI), etc.
• Expertise in Federal Enterprise Architecture standards, models, tools and processes
• A broad set of technical skills and knowledge across hardware, software, systems and solutions development, across more than one technical domain.
• IT environments including creating (on your own or with a team) IT solutions in the areas of Interoperability, Terminology/Standards, Big Data/Analytics, Data warehousing, and IT infrastructure including XaaS/cloud, application modernization, privacy/security, systems development/integration and software development and testing.
• Strong oral and written communications skills including the ability to participate in discussions with customers and the ability to produce compelling documentation of solutions that are easily understood by non-technical reviewers.
• Must be able to represent the company in industry standards organizations or industry technical forums or events
• Strong technical team leadership, mentorship and collaboration.
• MS in Computer Science or related field
• 15+ years of enterprise solutions architecture and technical design experience including at least 10 years in the Health IT domain and with 5+ years of in each of several Health IT relevant and specialized expertise areas such as Health Systems Interoperability, Health Systems Health Terminology/Standards, Electronic Health Records (EHRs), Big Data/Analytics, Data warehousing, IT infrastructure including XaaS/cloud, application modernization, cyber security, systems development/integration and software development and testing.
The Principal Solutions Architect will partner closely with the HHS Division management team and Marketing/Sales, supporting the business development cycle including pre-sales, capture, and proposal support. This also includes taking ownership of the technical volumes in proposal efforts, authoring as well as reviewing the final product for accuracy, cohesiveness, compliance, and ensuring the volume offers a compelling solution. He/She will work with Marketing/Sales to support various events and symposia, functioning as the face of expertise to the entire community through speaking engagements and meetings with HHS/CMS senior leaders.
All candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related discipline or equivalent work experience. A master’s degree is preferred.
To apply for this job, contact: