Full Time Employee
IT Service Desk Technician (Job Number:420722)
SAIC is supporting the design, development, administration and the application of information technology and telecommunication services in support of the overhaul, repair, and maintenance of the Navy’s fleet at the Information Technology and Cyber Security Office (ITACS) of the Norfolk Naval Shipyard (NNSY), Portsmouth, Virginia.
SAIC will be performing tasks involving information systems applications, the legacy Shipyard Local Area Network (SYLAN), the Shipyard's Secure Network (SECNET), Naval Foundry and Propeller Center Internal Classified Network (NFPCICN), standalone systems, corporate support for other naval shipyards, and any other information systems for which NNSY is responsible.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide supplemental TIER 2 support to assist Government staffed IT Service Desk for the management of all IT hardware and software resources used at the Norfolk Naval Shipyard and its satellite locations.
- Receive and resolve user calls on various issues related to hardware and software used by NNSY users.
- Troubleshoot hardware/software issues between NMCI and the legacy network (reachback).
- Answer phones, receive problem reports, create Work Ticket Management System tickets, enter into problem resolution tracking system.
- Perform various user account related duties related to activation, deactivation, troubleshooting, managing permissions, updating and verifying user CAC information and resetting CAC PINs, working with other NMCI technicians, managing user directory and group assignments and permissions.
- Perform general office administrative functions related to IT Service Desk functions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree in related discipline and seven (7) years of experience; AA degree and nine (9) years or more of related experience; Or, High School and eleven (11) years of related experience with advanced certification.
- Two (2) years experience with U.S. Navy networks and network account administration or similar experience.
- Knowledge and proficiency in MS Windows 7, MS Office 2010, Outlook 2010, and Internet Explorer (latest version).
- Knowledge of and ability to operate software applications which support helpdesk desk operations (e.g. caller ticket documentation application).
- Be able to speak clear, understandable business English.
- Be proactive and able to recognize potential problems and empathize with callers who are working under extreme pressure with limited resources and time.
- Provide immediate, competent, and professional user support.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- CompTIA Sec+ Required
- Must be open to all shifts
- Must have and be able to hold a Final DOD SECRET based on a NACLC or ANACI security investigation.
- Ability to meet IT-1 positions, with a final fully adjudicated clearance based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is preferred.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 22, 2016, 2:19:20 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-PORTSMOUTH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: