Full Time Employee
Cyber System Exploitation Engineer / Instructor (Job Number:420695)
The Army recently established the Cyber School under the CCoE to train the new Cyber Branch/Career Field 17, which includes courses for MOS 17A, 170A, and 17C. Army Cyber School training includes Career Field 17’s (Cyber Operations) Basic Officer Leader Course (BOLC), Captain’s Career Course (CCC), Operations Officer Course (OOC), Advanced Individual Training (AIT), Advanced Leader Course (ALC), Senior Leader Course (SLC), Warrant Officer Basic Course (WOBC), Warrant Officer Advanced Course (WOAC), and other Cyberspace Operations courses as determined by the Army Cyber Commandant. The majority of these courses consist of technical cyber training validated by USCYBERCOM J7, DoD CIO, and the NSA.
The candidate shall provide instructional support and training development for the Cyber School. Personnel supporting the school shall assist and support the CCoE personnel and shall utilize and develop all training related products IAW all applicable regulations and SOPs (i.e. TRADOC REG 350-70 with appendixes). Instructors will facilitate adult learning through modern training techniques and methodologies and assist in developing Cyberspace Operations (CO) curriculum. The Cyber Common Technical Core (CCTC) course embraces the adult learning concept by creating an environment that is approximately 80% hands-on and 20% knowledge-based instruction.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of operating system and network security including, but not limited to, memory management, regular expression usage in IDS/IPS, Anti-virus analysis (signatures and heuristics)
- Must have expert-level proficiency in x86 assembly
- Must have expert-level proficiency in C
- Must have a deep and thorough understanding of Regular Expressions and Context- Free Grammars (i.e. PCRE implementation, etc)
- Must be familiar with systems exploitation without the assistance of toolkits like Core Impact or MSF.
- Deep understanding of the process, tools, techniques surrounding manual implementation of systems exploitations.
- Must be comfortable with reverse engineering patches to discover the original vulnerabilities
- Must have experience in instructing the aforementioned topics.
- Possess skills/knowledge of performing office automation work that includes word processing, electronic mail, spreadsheets, presentations, and other personal computer applications; typing a variety of materials from rough draft into final form including narrative and tabular material, e.g., correspondence, reports, and forms; maintaining records, historical records, survey results, reference library of training catalogs, regulations and other miscellaneous publications; establishing and maintaining office functional files and reference files; knowledge management applications, e.g., SharePoint, Army training requirements and resources system (ATRRS), and Blackboard.
- Graduated the Army Basic Instructor Course (ABIC) and Support Cadre Training Course (SCTC). (Preferred)
Minimum Degree Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree and fourteen (14) years or more of related experience. Masters and twelve years or more of related experience.
- In lieu of a Bachelor Degree, a minimum of 3 (three) additional years of experience in the above areas.
- Preferred degrees include Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, or an equivalent degree.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Possess and maintain the required security clearance (TS/SCI) throughout the contract.
- Experience teaching technical computing concepts at the institutional and/or collegiate level.
- Experience contributing in the open source community, examples include, published tools, reports, publications, repositories, etc.
- Hands on technical experience installing, operating, and maintaining systems.
- Experience reverse engineering software and hardware, analyzing malware, statically and dynamically, or managing such similar projects
- Experience in forensics, including computer forensics, memory forensics, network forensics, forensic data analysis and mobile device forensics or managing forensics projects
- Experience conducting legally sound forensic analysis and creating legally attestable digital forensic documents.
- Experience attributing attacks based on forensic evidence and analysis.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 11, 2016, 3:13:22 PM
Primary Location: United States-GA-FORT GORDON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: