Full Time Employee Contractor
Aircraft Structural Engineer
US Citizenship is required.
Individual will be assigned to accomplish structural engineering and analysis support for AV8 weapon systems located at Marine Corps Air Station, Cherry Point, NC. Specific tasks will include static and fatigue analysis, part design, material selection, and developing aircraft repairs. Individual should have a good basic understanding of aircraft design principles and practices. Support formal design reviews and presentations to customers. In addition, candidate must meet appropriate security requirements.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
* Perform a full range of in-service structural engineering support functions. Experienced with aircraft repairs including mis-drilled holes, cracking and corrosion. Provide repair instruction and supporting analysis for damaged aircraft.
* Research, analyze and create structural engineering specifications/drawings using various metallic, non-metallic and composite materials.
* Applies knowledge of advanced structures analysis (e.g., modeling, static, fatigue, damage tolerance, etc.) and materials to determine structural adequacy and specific regulatory and qualification compliance. Uses a combination of FEA and hand calculations.
* Develop repair procedures for differing levels of artisan experience and determine what level can accomplish the repair.
* Uses manual or Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools to develop and maintain mechanical/structural engineering products.
* Provide analysis or technical studies in support of New Systems Design and Systems Modifications.
* Experience with typical aircraft metals, hardware, fiberglass, honeycomb panels, machined parts, formed sheet metal, welds, and sealant.
* Technical writing/editing tasks in support of development and maintenance of current technical data.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Experience with aircraft structural design, analysis and repair.
* Experience with electro-mechanical systems and high-pressure hydraulics.
* Ability to write clear, concise, factual and detailed documentation such as engineering reports, and assembly and repair instructions.
Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Microsoft Office Suite
* Experience in Navy/Marine Corps aviation Logistics Systems extremely helpful.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Math, Physics, or related scientific discipline and eight (8) years of military aviation and electronics engineering experience. A Master's Degree with six (6) years related experience may be substituted for the BS degree.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary depending upon specific assignment, or upon any US government security clearance if required. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI?s legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job, contact: