Full Time Employee Contractor
ManTech is seeking an experienced Senior OS/Domain Engineer. The successful candidate will provide planning, technical expertise, and direction regarding computer and network services for both local and wide area Microsoft Virtualized Hosts, serves as high-level technical expert in regards to computer/network systems and associated issues. Installs, configures, and maintains computer and network operating system and application software, as appropriate. Maintain a broad knowledge of current and emerging state-of-the-art computer/network system technologies, architectures, and products. Provide on-call support for computer/network systems as required. Essential duties include:
· Design, plan, and implement current Microsoft and VMware ESXi solutions.
· Implement High Availability VMware host clusters, and Site Recovery Manager Environments.
· Implement Fault Tolerant VMware host clusters.
· Supports virtualized guest servers of multi-tiered HA/Clustered applications and databases.
· Design and implement backup/disaster recovery solutions for guest servers and associated data.
· Knowledge and understanding of a range of computer and networking software and hardware systems and related technologies.
· Analyze and assess computer/network architecture requirements and determine optimum, cost-effective solutions.
· Work closely with other systems architects and project managers to develop, plan and implement system enhancements and upgrades.
· Work effectively with cross-functional teams to define technical requirements and identify and resolve technical design issues.
· Collaborate with client, server and other internal/external teams to identify support and technology advancements.
· Produce clear and concise documents and diagrams capturing networking and operational procedures and LAN/WAN topology using MS Visio, MS Project, MS Excel and MS Word.
· Provide technical support, troubleshooting and complex problem resolution on escalated issues.
· Experience with HP C class server platforms, management tools “insight manager/advanced ILO”
· Experience with configuring and deploying UNIX based operating systems on HP Proliant class processing platforms
· Strategic and tactical plans for data survivability, operating host backup and recovery planning, fault tolerance, multi-site failover
· Assistance in the development of a concept of operation plans (CONOPS) to guide the tactical steps required to provide business continuance and disaster recovery
· Experience with application performance and latency problems tuning across Linux operating systems, configuration of static routes, network address translation, building RPM’s
· Experience implementing and supporting enterprise systems monitoring tools, configuring system logging, including remote logging
· Experience with Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory, IIS, DNS, DHCP, Exchange, DFS
· Experience implementing file, email, and active directory services across multiple geographically dispersed data centers.
· Solid network and systems troubleshooting experience with HTTP\HTTPS, FTP, NFS, SMB, SMTP, SSH, NTP and TCP/IP, Internet Security, encryption
· Ability to analyze and assess computer/network architecture requirements and determine optimum measures, recommendation to return on investment product utilization, and lifecycle of operating systems.
· Contractor personnel at minimum shall have:
· DoD 8570.1IM CAT I IAT Certification (Required)
· VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
· Red Hat Certified System Administrator
· Microsoft Certified Professional or Administrator MS Server 2008 or newer
Required, Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering, or related field; or equivalent industry qualifications above and 5+ years of related experience.
Desired, a Master's Degree from an accredited institute in an area applicable to this position (e.g. information systems, computer science, math or engineering). An additional two years of relevant experience may be substituted for the Master's Degree. 15+ years.
TS/SCI with the ability to pass CI Polygraph
To apply for this job, contact: