Full Time Employee
Principal Space Software Systems Engineer (Job Number:420746)
SAIC is seeking a seasoned Principal Engineer to provide software engineering and technical support to the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center, Space Superiority Systems Directorate.
SMC/SY equips U.S. forces with space control systems to gain, maintain, and exploit space superiority. It directs the planning, development, testing, deployment, and sustainment of a complex and dynamic portfolio of space- superiority capabilities of the highest national priority. The position requires an individual with space control mission area experience and extensive experience in technical programs, technical program management, and software development and engineering on large scale space and ground systems and/or new start technical demonstration space and ground systems. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and team skills. In addition, the candidate will be expected to continually balance and adjust work priorities to meet short term work suspense and rapidly evolving customer needs.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform technical support and independent risk assessment and evaluation of program management execution, technical review execution (DoD 5000.02 framework), and software engineering.
- Monitor software algorithm development and provide independent assessments, recommend system improvements and efficiencies.
- Assess viability from a programmatic and technical execution perspective.
- Develop software technical requirements, develop software test plans and procedures, perform software test, verification and validation activities.
- Provide technical and acquisition support to Government and contractor milestone reviews to assess progress, issues, and meeting mission requirements traceability.
- Ensure program level documentation is aligned with Directorate and higher headquarters guidance for program planning and execution.
- Develops and evaluates program level documentation for SMC/SY assigned programs in support of Directorate leadership.
- Engages and coordinates with SMC Center Staff, HQ AFSPC, and HQ USAF on behalf of Directorate leadership to resolve documentation issues in line with Directorate commander's intent and priorities.
- Provides leadership advice on: program execution issues and recommendations; acquisition strategies for next-generation systems; strategic messaging to key operational and acquisition government, industry, and media stakeholders.
Working location: Position is co- located with Air Force Customer in El Segundo, CA
- *Must be a US CITIZEN with an ACTIVE TS/SCI and the ability to obtain a TS/SCI with POLY**
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of experience in software development, technical program management, or software engineering within the areas of Space, Space Control, Cyber, Reconnaissance, and/or warfighting systems/operational support.
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering degree in relevant discipline.
- Master's Degree in related field
- PMP certification.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Dec 5, 2016, 11:24:29 AM
Primary Location: United States-CA-EL SEGUNDO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: