Full Time Employee
System Administrator (Norfolk Naval Shipyard Corporate Network) (Job Number:420749)
- SAIC is supporting the design, development, administration and the application of information technology and telecommunication services in support of the overhaul, repair, and maintenance of the Navy’s fleet at the Information Technology and Cyber Security Office (ITACS) of the Norfolk Naval Shipyard (NNSY), Portsmouth, Virginia.
- SAIC will be performing tasks involving information systems applications, the legacy Shipyard Local Area Network (SYLAN), the Shipyard's Secure Network (SECNET), Naval Foundry and Propeller Center Internal Classified Network (NFPCICN), standalone systems, corporate support for other naval shipyards, and any other information systems for which NNSY is responsible.
- The successful candidate will:
- Perform Mastery level network security support as required and requested for all shipyards, which includes configuration development and maintenance of interconnectivity between the shipyards.
- Provide expert level support of existing NNSY Servers, Systems, and Storage Area Networks that reside on NNSY SYLAN (Unclassified), SECNET (C-RD) and NFPCICN (Confidential).
- Perform Mastery level engineering support and administration for Corporate Unix and Storage systems, including architecture planning and configuration, migration planning and implementation, as well as onsite training of other system administrators in Solaris, Network Appliance, OnCommand, JavaBeans scripting, Shell scripting, RedHat and Linux.
- Perform system backups to tape using Symantec NetBackup and Network Appliance.
- Ensure security of all corporate data and Unix/Linux systems, including monitoring, developing intrusion response matrix, and overall responsibility for the UNIX/Storage systems.
- Provide support for CITRIX implementations, including complex system design, testing, and implementation and training of other system administrators.
- Perform complex troubleshooting on client devices for various software products in use at NNSY, including Industrial Plant Equipment (IPE) software used by various industrial devices, such as lathes, saws, calibration equipment, laboratory equipment, etc.
- Provide on-site, to include remote sites, technical support to assist in updating system patches and firmware, application maintenance, hardware configuration, system functions and security, system performance, back-up capabilities and hardware/software troubleshooting (to include interface requirements on the client side).
- Test proposed procedures and operating system patches for correctness and compatibility with existing application software and procedures.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with the requirements to protect NNPI information and data that reside on the systems and networks in use at NNSY.
- Extensive institutional knowledge of and a minimum of 3 years’ experience, on the mission critical procedures, systems, and processes, as they pertain to the Public Naval Shipyards’ Information Technology and Cyber Security requirements.
- Expert knowledge of and a minimum of 3 years’ experience with the requirements to protect NNPI information and data that reside on the systems and networks.
- Knowledge of and minimum of 3 years’ experience with the DoE rules and regulations to support DoE NNPPnet (Naval Nuclear Propulsion Plant Network) Networks.
- Knowledge and proficiency to install and administer IT hardware including (but not limited to): Storage Manager Server (SAN), LTO Tape Library, Oracle server hardware, HP SAN, NetApp Storage Hardware, and Windows server hardware (Dell, HP).
- The ability to move and maneuver up to 50 pounds of weight (computer hardware, accessories, support equipment, etc.).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be able to hold a Final DOD SECRET based on a final fully adjudicated clearance based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 25, 2016, 9:48:13 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-NORFOLK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: