Full Time Employee
Database Administrator (Norfolk Naval Shipyard) (Job Number:420758)
SAIC is supporting the design, development, administration and the application of information technology and telecommunication services in support of the overhaul, repair, and maintenance of the Navy’s fleet at the Information Technology and Cyber Security Office (ITACS) of the Norfolk Naval Shipyard (NNSY), Portsmouth, Virginia.
SAIC will be performing tasks involving information systems applications, the legacy Shipyard Local Area Network (SYLAN), the Shipyard's Secure Network (SECNET), Naval Foundry and Propeller Center Internal Classified Network (NFPCICN), standalone systems, corporate support for other naval shipyards, and any other information systems for which NNSY is responsible.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide Expert level Oracle DBA (Data Base Administrator) support for corporate databases in use at the Naval Shipyards.
- Experience and knowledge to include the ability to administer and modify Oracle databases running on various versions of Oracle software, including non-vendor supported versions.
- Perform Mastery level support for database development, as well as SQL server database application development and software maintenance.
- Provide Mastery level support for OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager) including comprehensive solutions for testing, deploying, operating, monitoring, diagnosing, and resolving problems.
- Analyze and diagnose complex Oracle database problems to determine causes and take corrective actions as necessary.
- Perform Expert level system analysis, design, programming and technical evaluations for application development in SharePoint using Visual Studio, MS-Access, and .NET.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Expert and Mastery levels with institutional knowledge and a minimum of 3 years’ experience, on the mission critical procedures, systems, and processes, as they pertain to the Public Naval Shipyards’ Information Technology and Cyber Security requirements.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- CompTIA Net+ and Sec+
- Must have and be able to hold a Final DOD SECRET based on a final fully adjudicated clearance based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 25, 2016, 2:05:42 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-NORFOLK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: