Full Time Employee
Non-IT Solutions Architect/Technical Lead (Telework) (Job Number:420861)
SAIC is hiring a Non-IT Solutions Architect/Technical Lead
with a Telework Option (Secret Clearance Required)
SAIC is hiring a Mission, Engineering, and Program Support Solutions Architect/TL to lead and support scientific, engineering, and analysis opportunity development during all phases of the lifecycle
Leverages domain expertise, develops comprehensive understanding of customer requirements and leads the development of a complete solution meeting all technical requirements resulting in a price competitive proposal.
Identifies technical staff needs to support Pre-B&P and B&P activities. Coordinates assignments of technical personnel to proposal efforts. Coordinates with team member technical leadership and technical contributors on solution development, proposal writing, and estimating. Writes and reviews proposals. Oversees the development of basis of estimates (BOE). Leads and oversees overall technical approach and/or solution or leads technical volume development, sample problem and scenario responses in response to RFP requirements.
Provides subject matter expertise to meet customer technical, schedule and cost requirements. May utilize this expertise to correct failing programs.
Meets with customers on SAIC's capabilities, services and solutions for capture efforts. Provides solution-related technical support after award as needed. May support program start-up and transition.
Exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness. Apply and/or develop highly advanced principles, theories and concepts.
Viewed as an expert in the field. Participates with senior management to establish strategic plans and objectives. Collaborates with other experts to drive capability to align to strategy.
- 10+ years of domain experience in one or more of the following fields: spaceflight hardware including satellites and payloads; space launch vehicle systems; space launch infrastructure and operations; command, control and communications; scientific research, analysis and development of advanced technologies; power systems; guidance, navigation, and control; and autonomous robotic systems and technology
- 15+ years systems engineering experience; at least 10 of those years on major complex program(s) performing systems engineering, design, development, integration and test of hardware and software
- Experience with trade studies, technical solutions, and configuration management and control
- 8+ years program management experience including major programs and EVM experience
- Performed as a Technical Director or Chief Systems Engineer for a major program or organization
- 10+ years major proposal development and capture experience including cost and schedule development; experience leading technical responses for Oral proposals
- 10+ years of NASA, DoD, and/or IC space programs or 10+ years leading a nationally recognized research and development organization
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering or Technical Field (Required) + 18 years or more of related experience
- Master’s Degree in engineering, systems engineering, math, statistics, or a related field (Desired) + 16 years or more of related experience
- Secret Security Clearance is Required
- Need to be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance, SCI eligible
- Open: SAIC Site or Telecommute option
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 20, 2016, 1:08:32 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: