Full Time Employee
Engineering Physicist (Job Number:420848)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and perform duties related to the selection, use, evaluation, analysis, and/or testing/qualification of personnel and vehicle non-intrusive inspection systems.
- Apply expert knowledge of industry and/or academic practices and standards across a range of applications and systems.
- Provide technical oversight of radiation effects tasks including performance of radiation effects analysis, total dose and single event effects testing, modeling of radiation effects, and reporting on device radiation effects performance.
- Applies extensive understanding of radiation effects to define device performance, assess risk, and support device selection and applications.
- Apply understanding and wide application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in radiation effects resulting in contributions to the development of new test, analysis and qualification methodologies
- Analyze and identify alternative methods to improve/optimize established equipment and design, processes and/or procedures. Provide detailed theoretical and practical applications of potential solutions which may lead to evolutionary and/or revolutionary paradigm shifts of subject exposure, image capture, management and display.
- Apply engineering principles to solve technical issues associated with personnel and vehicle radiation scanning systems as well as other systems.
- Quantify the costs and benefits associated with each detail oriented design/solution and be able to effectively organize, present and explain the results.
- Support other individual and group tasks as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Nuclear Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics and/or related technical fields from an ABET accredited university with experience working on/with radiation physics.
Engineer with research, design, test and/or evaluation experience.
Successful candidates must demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of theoretical and applied physics relating to radiation.
Integrity, ingenuity and commitment are critical values required for this position.
- Course experience (or similar): Fundamentals or Theory of Electricity & Magnetism, Electromagnetics & Transmission Lines, Numerical Techniques in Electromagnetics, Antenna Theory and Design, Microwave Engineering, Wireless Communication Systems, Introduction to Semiconductor Physics, Radiation Effects on Electronics and Semiconductors, and Power System Design
- Experience with RF and Microwave electrical systems test and evaluation
- Familiarity with military technology and technical data
Must be able pass background check and acquire a SECRET clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 21, 2016, 1:23:52 PM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: