Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Storage Systems Engineer (Job Number:420923)
SAIC is looking for a Storage Systems Engineer to support a major contract in the Washington, DC area.
- Storage Systems Engineers on our team provide technical knowledge and experience to modernizing and enhancing the customer information technology infrastructure.
- The principal responsibility of the Storage Systems Engineer position is to plan and manage the installation, configuration and tuning of SAN and storage hardware and software including DR appliances according to best practices, while ensuring high levels of data quality and availability for all enterprise and customers in a 24x7 Enterprise Storage Systems environment including but not limited to NetApp, and Hitachi SAN storage devices.
- Additional background experience includes:
- Responsibilities that included managing, engineering, and daily operations of all Unix servers with a focus on software deployment services that included capacity planning and providing 24x7 support on an on-call rotation model.
- As a Systems Storage Systems Engineer, the candidate is able to provide technical direction and guidance to customers that includes the development of policies and standards related to the use of computing resources, overall infrastructure migration strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software.
- Candidate willing to mentor/train the team to provide efficient support to the customer.
- This position requires eight or more years of general operating systems experience that includes specific technical experience with SAN and Unix/Linux administration and provisioning support for large scale enterprise environments in the following areas:
- Have knowledge on SAN based environment and ability to allocate LUNS and create file systems
- Have working knowledge of Unix/Linux environments and be familiar with day to day operations of servers.
- Have working knowledge of Symantec NetBackup solutions in a large enterprise
- Demonstrated working proficiency in SAN fabric management (ISLs, utilization, zoning, masking, etc.)
- Knowledge with the following SAN hardware and software for Cisco, Brocade and/or McData fabric architectures.
- Administering hardware components specifically focused on Hitachi and NetApp
- Familiar with all storage systems, Unix/Linux administration and backup environments
- Interpret storage protocols including Fiber Channel, CIFS, NFS, NDMP protocols and hardware, which use these products
- Broad technological knowledge and ability to leverage market technologies associated with SAN vendors, product enhancements and product roadmaps to determine how they can be beneficially applied.
- Bachelor's Degree in related technical discipline and 9+ years of operating systems experience.
- Additional 4 years’ experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Hitachi HVSVM, HUS150 and AMS2500 systems
- Netapp 7-mode
- Brocade DSX-4S
- Hitachi Command Suite(HCS)
- Veritas Volume Manager / File System
- Replication (Hitachi True Copy) – shadow imaging
- Periodically support off hours, weekend and on call activities
Desired Experience to include but not limited to:
- Red Hat Linux / Sun Solaris 10 systems administration knowledge
- Shell scripting knowledge and/or Perl scripting experience.
- Knowledge on System level support for Oracle application and database Servers, Java application servers and other large-scale databases in a UNIX environment.
- Experience with Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity operations on UNIX environment highly preferred
- Knowledge of Sun Midrange and High- End Enterprise servers i.e. M8000/M5000
- Extensive knowledge and experience in supporting and troubleshooting Solaris Networking services and protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, LDAP, FTP, SSH, SMTP, SSL, HTTP
- Prior experience with UNIX environment with Oracle, Java application servers and Databases
- Knowledge on installing and configuring Solaris and Redhat operating systems
- Experience in troubleshooting SAMBA and related issues
- Experience in troubleshooting knowledge on SFTP processes
- Experience in installing, configuring and building Virtual servers in VMware environment
- Knowledge in NFS and file systems creations both Solaris and Redhat
- Knowledge of LVM file system creation
- Have the ability the recover the systems in the event of failures
- The ability to apply OS patch updates for Redhat and Solaris environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within strict deadlines and with a wide spectrum of people
Clearance Requirement: Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance - US CITIZEN or GC Holder
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 29, 2016, 3:21:09 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Public Trust
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: