M C Dean Inc. (www.mcdean.com)
M.C. Dean, Inc. is the nation’s premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. M.C. Dean’s capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems. M.C. Dean, Inc. serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. Established in 1949, M.C. Dean, Inc. has earned a reputation as an innovator and pioneer. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, M.C. Dean, Inc. employs more than 2,500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
M.C. Dean, Inc. offers an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
For more information about our company, you can visit www.mcdean.com.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
An Electronic Security Technician will be responsible for installing, testing, and troubleshooting security system devices such as card readers, electrified hardware, motion sensors, contacts and cameras, patch panels and junction boxes on large and/or complex jobs. Must be able to perform as a crew leader or individually as work tasks require. The selected candidate will be someone who has very strong communication and organizational skills and is self-motivated with a very strong work ethic. The selected candidate will also be of strong moral character and understand that they will be representing the world’s best service company. Therefore, you will present yourself in a clean and professional manor at all times, with a primary focus on customer satisfaction, quality and safety.?
-A high school diploma or GED coupled with three (3) or more years of experience in installation and troubleshooting of non-residential electronic security systems.
-Performing field verification testing
-Reading and adhering to blueprints and installation design plans for the installation of sub-level devices
-Preparing and installing cable pathways and spaces
-Identifying appropriate cables from drawings and running cables per installation design plans
-Testing continuity of conductors
-Terminating basic connections such as butt splices, insulated connectors, terminal strips/blocks, RJ-45 and BNC connectors
-Mounting and terminating field devices such as readers, door contacts, REXs, and cameras
-Ensuring all assigned work orders and maintenance tickets are resolved and documented
-Installing and terminating sub-level devices to include power and proper grounding
-Reading and understanding component level schematic diagrams for systems, equipment, and devices
-Troubleshooting and isolating problems at both a local and global level
-Repairing and maintaining electronic security system equipment
-Terminating and testing voice and data connections
-Able to clearly identify and communicate project concerns to management, perform red lines and job updates
• Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
• Relocates a twelve foot stepladder without assistance.
• Works on energized circuits or equipment.
• Works at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders.
• Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls and reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
• Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see In color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
• May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools.
• Must be committed to excellence and generate a high quality of work.
• Must consistently report to work on time, work well with other employees to accomplish a common goal, and maintain a safe work environment.
• Must wear an M.C. Dean, Inc. hard hat and safety glasses at all times while on the job site.
• Must wear OSHA approved boot length pants and a shirt that covers the shoulders by seven (7) inches. These are not provided by the Company.
• Must have reliable transportation and be willing to work on M.C. Dean, Inc. projects anywhere.
• Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record.?