Full Time Employee
Java Developer (Job Number:420942)
SAIC is seeking a Java Web Developer to assist in the migration of legacy system capabilities including filter, view, trend and plot data to modern constructs using Java technologies, Model-View-Controller and/or microservice architecture patterns using Agile development for a DOD customer.
The developer will possess a strong problem solving skill set and the ability to learn new technologies quickly to meet dynamic, fast paced development cycles. The developer will be strong in Java development and who believes software engineering “process” is as important as technology. The developer will be a member of an Agile development team involved in the entire software development lifecycle, interfacing refactored capabilities with existing legacy system. Responsibilities of the developer will include:.
- Design and develop technology solutions that are capable of integrating with other components.
- Participating in detailed object-oriented analysis and design.
- Developing code in accordance with the design; work with team members to review use cases for development
- Using JUnit to validate code
- Supporting a range of “legacy” and modern browsers.
- Participating in resolving technical issues that arise during development.
- Communicating and coordinating with members of development team
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Have an active Secret Clearance or ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Located in San Diego, CA.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related major.
- 2-5+ years of recent experience with object-oriented programming.
- 2-5+ years of recent experience developing within MVC and/or microservice architecture patterns.
- 2-5+ years of recent experience developing and implementing web based applications with java using RESTful web services, AngularJS, Bootstrap, JQuery, XML and JSON constructs, and Tomcat.
- 2-5+ years of recent experience working on a team with 4 or more developers.
- Recent experience with Scrum.
- Recent experience writing unit tests and Junit.
- Knowledge of interfacing with SQL databases such as PostgreSQL and NoSQL databases such as Accumulo on a Hadoop infrastructure.
- Recent experience with source control (SVN or Maven/Git), work item management, automated builds, continuous integration.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 1, 2016, 1:20:32 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: