Full Time Employee Contractor
• Support case files structure in the MS SQL server database system.
• Maintain the SQL database to the standards.
• Ensure database hardening and compliance with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) requirements.
• Request, gather, and formalize inputs to various accreditation and documentation
• Perform database administration functions including, but not limited to, capacity planning, installation, configuration, migration, performance monitoring, security, troubleshooting, backup and data recovery, develop and maintain MS SQL Database queries for managing and analyzing the database. The database shall be MS SQL based replication within USCG LAN/WAN environment.
• Coordinate all database security and scripting efforts with Network Administrator and Developer
• Review all issued IAVM notices for required database activity, within 1 week of IAVM receipt. The review shall include documenting within the IAVA process all IAVAs that are applicable to the database.
• Complete all activity required by the applicable IAVM within one week of review and document within the IAVA process all activity that has been completed, or the reason the activity cannot be completed.
• Electronically notify the customer of all IAVM activity that cannot be completed and the reason for not being able to complete.
• Electronically provide recommendations or database enhancements and upgrades as they become known.
• Respond to database related Casualty Reports (CASREPs), System Trouble Reports (STRs).
• Troubleshoot CASREPs/STRs, identify problems and respond within 4 hours of initial email/phone notification. If the initial notification is outside ofthe core hours (0700-1700), the Contractor shall start troubleshooting the following working day.
• Update record of all requests for database support and activities within 48 hours after the problem has been resolved. This record shall include all activity regarding resolution of the request and status of the request resolution.
• Electronically notify the customer of database failures and the activities required for system restoration.
• Assist with the deployment and integration of new releases of software and hardware which include, but not limited to, installation, integration, testing, and administration.
• As assigned tasks are completed, the Contractor shall provide an electronic report of activities noting all successes or failures and reasons for such failure (if known).
• Before beginning any scheduled activity, provide shall electronically to the customer any projected downtime requirements for database software upgrade, patches, and new releases.
• Attend Weekly Project meeting, Quarterly Technical work groups, Ad hoc Design meetings, Quarterly Software integration meetings, and Quarterly Interim Progress Reviews as scheduled by the customer
• A minimum of 2 years experience working with MS SQL including installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of transactional (and other) replication technologies
• Information Assurance Training (IAT) Level II
ManTech is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. We encourage Minority/Female/Protected Veteran/Disabled applicants to apply.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, please click [email protected] and provide your name and contact information.
To apply for this job, contact: