Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Sr. LAN/WAN Support Administrator (Job Number:420997)
SAIC is seeking a Sr. LAN/WAN Support Administrator in Washington, DC.
Description of Duties:
- Directly responsible for directing and overseeing the efforts of trained technical professionals as they provide operations and maintenance support to LAN/WAN networks.
- Direct compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance.
- Troubleshoot network performance issues.
- Analyze network traffic and provide capacity planning solutions.
- Monitor and respond to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems.
- Interface with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Provide technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations.
- Implements and maintains network systems.
- Monitor network infrastructures and perform troubleshooting as issues arise.
- Escalate issues as required to Tier III staff and monitor issues through the trouble life cycle.
- Assist with updating standard operating procedures, network topology documentation, and other documentation.
- Document activities in Remedy helpdesk and incident management system, as part of day-to-day operations and to support SLAs, reporting metrics, and key performance indicators.
- Perform IOS and software upgrades on network infrastructures.
- Ensure SLAs are met and identify trouble areas that could negatively impact the ability to maintain SLAs.
- Perform rack-mounting and de-installing communications equipment and associated cabling.
Required Education and Experience:
- AA Degree in related discipline and 6 years or more of related experience; Or, High School and 8 years of related experience OR Bachelors and 4 years of related experience
- Active Top Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and TS/SCI
- Network Certification: Network+, CCENT, Cisco certification, or similar
- 6+ years of experience with voice, data and LAN/WAN communications systems.
- Operator/maintenance training or experience on various crypto equipment such as KG-84 series, KG-75, KG-175D, and TACLANE.
- Experience in the tech control environment.
- Experience with Remedy ticketing system.
- Basic electronics or computer repair skills.
- Technical writing skills.
- Ability to handle moderately complex assignments with little supervision and to determine methods to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Experience repairing and terminating fiber optic cables.
- AutoCAD or Visio experience.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 15, 2016, 8:12:12 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: