Full Time Employee
LCS OPS Engineer (Job Number:420998)
SAIC is looking for an Operations Engineer. The successful candidate will be required to;
Serve as a member of the LCS Tactical Operation (TACOPS) Team. Operations Engineer shall provide tactical operations engineering support for in-service LCS variants for OQE collection, presentation of data, support and testimony at the CSCP, and support of and analysis of shipboard data and crew familiarization activities. Candidate needs to have vast operational experience and strong understanding of surface naval weapon systems.
- Provide tactical expertise and operational employment perspective on the design of the LCS combat systems including review of all observed problems, their operational impacts, and the resulting proposed design changes. Operations Engineer shall understand each baseline's capabilities and limitations and shall document and manage employment considerations, techniques, procedures and work-arounds for use by the Fleet, technical and training communities.
- Assess upgrades of mission capabilities with an understanding of the operational environment, Fleet practices, and their expected threats. The Operations Engineer shall understand threat requirements and the ability of the combat system to meet the defined threats.
- Operations Engineer will support various readiness and certification events, e.g., Mission Readiness Assessments (MRA) and Combat System Certification Panels.
- Operations Engineer shall work with the crews and LCSRONs at the waterfront to support their technical understanding of the baseline and associated issues. Provide crew familiarization briefings and organize and support technical discussions with ship's force, LCSRONs and Land- based Training Facility (LTF).
- Operations Engineer shall develop and maintain a common set of operational documentation (CPDD, Crew Briefs, etc.) for each in-service LCS baseline. Work with LCSRON, LTF, and the surface tactics development community to assist in the creation of core doctrine and tactics that the ship can leverage for deployment.
- Assist in the development and verification of shipboard operational documentation (e.g Firing Point Procedures, Combat Systems Operational Sequencing System, TACMEMO).
Must be a US CITIZEN and currently hold a SECRET CLEARANCE
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s Degree with 3+ plus years’ experience.
2. Knowledge of Naval Surface Combat Systems and Weapon Control Systems. Experienced with the Systems Engineering Process.
3. Ability to work within a government and contractor team environment.
4. Ability to work with others to meet established goals and program schedules.
5. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
6. Experience briefing to varied audiences; Military, Government, and Industry.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
1. AEGIS shipboard experience,
2. CIWS and RAM experience,
3. System test and evaluation,
4. CPCR evaluation and ranking,
5. TACMEMO/CPDD knowledge,
6. TAO and/or other warfare area coordinator experience where they had weapons release authority (CSC/AAWC/FAAWC/SUWC/ASWC); Senior Enlisted/CWO/LDO.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 4, 2016, 9:23:31 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-DAHLGREN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: