Full Time Employee
Engineering Technician IV (Job Number:421018)
- The Systems Engineering & Integration Division currently is in need of a Machinist.
- Position is for an Engineer Technician to operate CNC and manual vertical mills, and manual lathes, in a prototype fabrication type setting, and other various technician duties.
- Candidates must be able to perform various mechanical assembly duties and fabricate from engineering drawings and work with minimal supervision.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- The work will be supporting multiple DOD customers, in such areas as small arms, munitions, countermeasures, and vehicle integration projects.
- The work will be fast paced, with limited supervision; candidate must be able to think quickly and be a problem solver.
Required Education / Skills:
- HS Diploma or equivalent and 2+ years’ proven experience and must have experience with Mastercam, in both 2D and 3 D applications.
- Must have the ability to read & understand engineering drawings and specifications.
- Proficient written & verbal communication skills are a must.
- Candidate must have good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be a “self-starter” and be able to work with limited supervision.
- 5+ years’ experience is preferred.
- Solder certification, other technical type certifications, and previous technical hands- on experience.
- Experience and proven skill set with small, detailed electronic, electrical, or electro-mechanical type work such as circuit cards, component wiring and soldering, etc.
- Assembly experience using magnifiers or microscopes.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 4, 2016, 7:21:27 AM
Primary Location: United States-IN-BEDFORD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: