Full Time Employee
Naval Fires Training Analyst, EWTGL (Job Number:420952)
The Training and Simulation Service Line, in support of the Navy and Marine Corps Customer Group, currently has a career opportunity for a Naval Fires Training subject matter expert (SME) and analyst to provide naval gunfire support training using the Integrated Maritime Portable Acoustic Scoring System (IMPASS) at Expeditionary Warfare Training Group, Atlantic (EWTGL) in Virginia Beach, VA.
Training SMEs are highly-skilled persons with knowledge gained over years of experience at senior levels in their fields of expertise. They promote greater information sharing for staffs and stakeholders. They provide realistic as well as reliable, consistent support and well-developed recommendations to various audiences in training and real world events. They will maintain the integrity of the training objectives, and maintain a knowledge base that is consistent with the requirements that cover the full spectrum of the listed Functional Area duties. SMEs serve as the catalyst for developing and evaluating requirements. They provide the expertise and insight to support programs and leaders at all levels, including very senior levels, civilian and military sectors.
The ideal candidate will be a former Navy Fire Controlman with at least four years’ experience as a trainer/evaluator and two years’ experience on naval gun firing/scoring systems. Also, a viable candidate will have sufficient expertise and experience to provide academic support and serve as a shipboard naval fires operational trainer supporting the Fleet Response Training Plan (FRTP), including unit level academic/classroom training; Navy Mission Essential Task List (NMETL)/Navy Training Information Management System (NTIMS) development tracking and training; development, execution, and assessment of training scenarios; shipboard training team and training officer seminars; and fleet synthetic training (FST) program training at EWTGL. Such a candidate will demonstrate excellent communication (written and verbal), public speaking, presentation, and time management skills. In addition, the preferred candidate will have at least three years of applicable Training SME experience in:
- Conducting fleet training analyses to identify gaps, training needs, and solutions
- Developing and modifying training event/exercise scenarios and curricula
- Managing training projects
- Designing custom training to meet Fleet and Joint training objectives
Specific Functional Area tasks include:
- Provide Navy fire support training to units (classroom and live) using the 20E18B shore-based trainer and IMPASS for synthetic and live, at sea naval fires training.
- Provide IMPASS support as team leader/safety observer, buoy deployers/spotters and IMPASS control unit operators.
- Provide IMPASS deployment training for unit and strike group level naval fires training program as required in support of FRTP precertification and sustainment training.
- Provide system performance feedback to applicable engineering and maintenance commands to ensure long term IMPASS viability.
- Support naval surface fires training requirements in live and synthetic exercises and events.
- Provide virtual spotting services in support of Naval Surface Fires Support (NSFS) courses of instruction (COI) using the 20E18B shore-based trainer, 20E19 training device, and shipboard embedded trainer.
- Provide academic training and education in person. Provide SME COI for NSFS Mobile Training Teams (MTT).
- Provide support for curriculum review, development, and implementation for academics of warfare training requirements for NSFS.
- Provide detailed post-mission reports and scoring information.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / SKILLS:
- U.S. citizen with active military duty (U.S. Navy) experience, including recent training/instructional/ evaluator experience, multiple tours on naval ships, and experience using naval gunfire control systems.
- Bachelor's Degree and three (3) years of technical and general Program Analyst experience. Master's Degree and one (1) years or more experience. Will consider 4 years of years in lieu of degree with HS Diploma or Equivalent.
- Three (3) years of applicable technical and general Training SME experience
- Three (3) years of experience as a trainer/evaluator.
- Three (3) years of applicable Naval Fires Training SME and Functional Area experience (see detailed tasks above).
- Two (2) years of operational/technical experience on MK-34/MK-160 gun computer system/scoring systems and familiarity with IMPASS operations, Naval Fires certification procedures, Naval Surface Fire Support (NSFS) TTP, and Joint Fires concepts.
- Experience in use of MS Office (e.g., Excel and PowerPoint) products.
- Possess proven written and verbal communication skills at the junior management and senior executive level, and be able to act independently.
- Must successfully pass the medical/dental screening required for underway operations on a naval ship.
- Must have the physical ability to lift 50 lbs. and be able to deploy and retrieve mobile buoys from a Navy ship during various weather conditions.
- Must be willing and able to work extended hours during certification events.
- May be required to travel up to 10 percent of the time, including support of underway missions several days in duration.
- Experience with the Computer Aided Dead Reckoning Tracer (CADRT).
- Experience implementing naval fires training requirements and associated Expeditionary Warfare training requirements.
- Familiarity with the Global Command & Control System – Maritime (GCCS-M)
- Deep understanding of all phases of the FRTP and Fleet Response Plan (FRP).
- Experience as Combat Systems Training Team member.
- Designation as Afloat Training Specialist/Master Training Specialist.
- Familiarity with fleet and type commander training policy documents, including the Fleet Training Continuum (FTC), Surface Force Readiness Manual (SFRM), and Surface Force Exercise Manual (SFEM), and use of the Master Scheduling Program (MSP).
- **Current DoD Secret clearance REQUIRED. ***
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 4, 2016, 7:38:25 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIRGINIA BEACH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: