Full Time Employee
Windows Server Administrator (Job Number:420983)
MCS is in need of a systems administrator to assist with classified and unclassified Windows environments. This is a dynamic position that designs, builds, integrates and supports a Windows infrastructure in a complex environment running different services such as: Directory Services, File and Print Services, Application hosting, Web Services, as well as several scientific software packages. Position will support multiple operating systems and provisioning hardware through the entire lifecycle from planning and design through implementation, support and upgrade/replacement planning. Servers are hosted on a mixture of physical hardware and virtual technologies. Members of this team must be able to multitask and work on project related work as well as daily operational activities and complex issue follow up. The successfully candidate will have the ability to work well with multiple staff, managers, and other computer support groups in a high stress environment as a critical part of the position. This individual needs to have proven ability to manage multiple and changing responsibilities to meet the dynamic nature of the position. This position will require interaction on a daily basis with no less 5-10 people as part of a team. The position will require setting up multiple VTC systems prior to meetings on a daily basis. This will require a proven ability to organize a complex schedule and coordinate with corporate resources as needed.
Primary Responsibilities and Abilities:
- High level operational maintenance, support and upgrades of complex operating systems, including, shared components, commercial off-the-shelf application interoperability validation, and system security configuration management.
- Recommending, designing, and implementing systems management and automation systems
- Supports a wide range of computer hardware, file storage subsystems, workstations, and peripherals.
- Scheduling installations and upgrades per local policies and procedure
- Participate in the modernization of integrated hardware and software solutions that meet performance, scalability, reliability, and security needs.
- Ability to understand the application and utilization of high-end software packages.
- Ability to define systems requirements based on user/client needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms.
- Willing to learn PVS and VDI technologies
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience (4 years) and 2 years of Information Technology experience.
- Strong experience in Windows system administration; troubleshooting (system setup, account management, backup/restore, network printers, application installation and peripheral installations, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to effectively collaborate with other IT professionals outside of the work center are also required.
- Basic understanding of network technologies and concepts
- Flexibility to work some nights and weekends are expected for system and service maintenance/upgrades.
- Must be able to walk up to a minimum of two miles per day in support of mission customers
- Applicant must have to ability to get and maintain an active DOE Q.
- Applicant must have DOE L or active DOD Secret or Top Secret to start.
- Experience with classified computing
- Powershell scripting
- Experience with multiple software programs (Adobe Photoshop, DOORS, PDMLink, Adobe Acrobat, Office Suite, Scanning and Printing software, etc).
- Active DOE Q clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 22, 2016, 4:36:58 PM
Primary Location: United States-NM-ALBUQUERQUE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: DOE Q
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE Q
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: