Full Time Employee Contractor
Government Secure Solution CGI, Inc. is seeking a Logistics IV responsible for providing logistical supervision, support and coordination for the production department. The candidate will be responsible for coordinating all program associated material transactions to include; material procurement, receipt, inventory, material allocation, packaging and shipping. They will also assist in providing specified documented requirements for all logistical issues that relate to the program and recommend viable solutions to improve material procurement, tracking, allocation and all other logistical functions as related to specific programs.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide supervision, support and coordination between the project managers, procurement members and production manager.
- Perform logistical coordination functions and implement working knowledge of material management policies, procedures, and reporting procedures.
- Recommend viable solutions to maximize the efficiency and work-flow processes of material handling to/from various departments.
- Provide data entry into GSSC material management database (PEDYN).
- Conduct material research inquiries using electronic and hard copy sources.
- Maintain proper tracking mechanism for procurement tracking, receipt of, issue of, and expediting delivery of the material for production and customer deliveries.
- Review and recommend improvements to all logistical related documents for improved material transfer and accountability.
- Provide logistical data input to program management for individual project material status.
- Track material warranty issues for all associated projects
- Provide logistical support in all areas not covered in the above listed duties.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Associates Degree and 6 years of directly related experience or High School Diploma and a minimum of 10 years of directly related work experience required.
- Ability to travel up to 25% or less.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook
- Must be able to obtain a valid forklift license.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Ability to sit, stand and stoop for prolonged periods of time.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to express ideas orally and in writing.
- Lifting of heavy equipment (45 lbs) maybe required.
- Ability to successfully complete the GSSC Background Investigation
- Ability to attain and maintain a SECRET security clearance is required for continued employment; US Citizenship is required.
- Demonstration of leadership role and must be able to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Preferably experience with C4ISR material management systems
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary depending upon specific assignment, or upon any US government security clearance if required. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI?s legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job, contact: