National Grid (https:\\careers.nationalgridus.com)
Full Time Employee
About the Position:
The Supervisor will provide technical expertise and support from an engineering and field execution perspective, ensuring construction activities are performed in accordance with National Grid policy, procedures and standards. All engineering duties relate to field application and actual construction execution of gas facilities. This will encompass a range of duties including field construction, maintenance, repair, safety implementation and monitoring and participation in determining field constructability of small and large scale projects
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Provide gas engineering and design for distribution pipelines, bridge/highway/waterway crossings,
associated with City/State construction. Based on scopes aligned with system and customer requirements.
- Perform engineering studies, analysis and investigations, under supervision, in order to recommend corrective action
in problem areas and to provide suitable alternatives to allow for completion of field activities.
- Evaluate construction processes with consideration to operation, safety and maintenance requirements in order to make
recommendations and subsequently develop plans for improvements.
- Execute field requests including gas main encroachments, cast iron main waver program, gate box programs, analysis
and budget monitoring of unplanned field generated construct and make appropriate arrangements to ensure that work is
carried out efficiently and inline with relevant internal and external policies and processes
- Work with other departments to effectively create design criteria for unplanned field fly-up work that is generated through state and municipality construction programs.
- Manage, maintain and monitor gas main encroachment databases to ensure compliance with a ll federal, local and
- Supervise a team of seasonal contractor construction encroachment preventers in all facets of required work and lead
the execution of field activities to ensure work is completed and benefits National Grid Operations
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology plus completion of a Master's Degree in an approved engineering
discipline from an ABET accredited engineering school or an equivalent amount of relevant field experience. - Registered
Professional Engineering License preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant industry practice, standards and legislation.
- Must be able to work overtime and off-hours as necessary.
- Must be able to travel overnight to other work areas, as necessary.
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across
salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
:Maint & Construction
:Maint & Construction
:Oct 6, 2016, 12:00:00 AM
To apply for this job, contact: