General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Full Time Employee
Please paste the detailed description of the job in the text box below:
* Performs engineering work concerned with the design, evaluation, planning, testing and operation of software systems for government and military uses.
* Performs various software tests and documents results.
* Documenting operations and software configurations.
* Identifies and documents customer's functional software requirements.
* Experience/Knowledge using the Systems Engineering Process (SEP).
* Supports the development of the Automated Installation Capability (AIC) for GCCS-AF software with the goal of timleiness and accuracy of delivered products and the measurable decrease in automated installation time with no degradation of quality.
* Troubleshooting performance issues and outages in diverse enterprise environments.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
* Particpates in special projects as required.
* Support basic to complex software testing and troubleshooting issues.
* Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring security compliances, monitoring acitivity, and documenting problems, changes and solutions.
* Participates in setup and maintenance of GCCS test facility lab and maintain equipment and current baselines.
* Program in WIndows using Basic, C++ and batch command based scripts and other tools including security in support of a US Air Force System.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
* Security+ Certification or higher (required)
* 5-8 years of related software development experience.
* Good communication skills are required when interfacing with customers. Must be able to provide all levels of support, from telephone to on-site support.
* Software development and/or support experience
Familiarity/experience in any of the following areas:
Sun Microsystems Servers, PC Servers, PC Clients and Oracle Scalable Processor Architecture (SPARC) technology.
* Solaris (UNIX), Microsoft Windows Server
* Experience with Tortoise Subversion (SVN) repository
* Basic networking skills
* Basic database skills: queries and SQL script building
* Familiarity/experience in any of the following areas: PC Servers and clients, Microsoft Windows Server
* Experience with the USAF Global Command and Control System (GCCS) is a plus but not requried
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance
Professional experience in the following is desired:
* Windows Registry, Ghost, InstallShield, Demoshield, sysprep, WinPE, Ximage, WIN MSI, VBS, WBS, InstallAnywhere.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply for this job, contact: