Full Time Employee Contractor
CGI is looking for an Agile Coach to join our Federal Business Unit. We are actively pursuing development of new products to market in an aggressive campaign and require an experienced Agile Coach who can champion adoption and continued improvement of Agile practices for software development. Candidates must be comfortable working at all levels (team, stakeholder and organizational leadership) to help the organization use agile software development methodologies as a strategic asset to foster business values. Candidates must have evolved facilitation skills and be comfortable in mentoring, training and/or offering professional coaching.
- Provide Agile coaching to teams on all aspects of the project management framework, with a strong focus on Scrum practices. This includes working in a hands-on manner with the teams, as well as in a consultant model.
- Embrace servant leadership and embody the qualities and mindsets that are associated with Agile methods.
- Along with the Agile Project Manager, be accountable for improvement in results of software development projects. This includes better predictability of delivery, improving productivity, quality and the scheduling and delivery of commitments.
- Coach teams and management towards improving their Agile process and metrics. Evaluate and mentor existing Scrum teams and deliver training classes for product owners, developers and testers.
- Develop and evaluate team metrics and make recommendations to teams and management for improvements.
- Capture feedback and continuously improve Agile guidance, training materials and content.
- Guide the organization towards Agile maturity by organizing workshops and presentations.
- Bring disclosure and transparency to the business and earn the trust of the company.
- 5+ years in the use of Agile methodologies and supporting tools
- 2-3 years working in an Agility training/coaching role with exposure to large organizational transformations
- Must have enterprise-level Agile experience
- Must have experience with organizational change management
- Solid background utilizing an Agile framework (e.g. Scrum, Extreme Programming, Kanban, SAFe) in software development
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills, coaching and mentorship experience
- Solid oral, written, and presentation skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills are required
- Experience with independently transitioning software teams to a variation of Agile process.
- Experience coaching and mentoring software teams on Agile process transitions. Experience coaching and mentoring junior staff and leadership
- Experience in creating Agile training/workshop material
- Able to handle conflict resolution well, facilitating discussion and alternatives of different approaches
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Agile coaching certification
- BS in Computer Science (or related field)
- Candidates must be US citizens
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary depending upon specific assignment, or upon any US government security clearance if required. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI?s legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job, contact: