Full Time Employee Contractor
Uses advanced welding techniques to welds to fabricate or repair products, such as machine parts, plant equipment, motors and generators. Follows complex blueprints or work order according to layouts. Welds metal parts together, using any combination of arc welding processes, perform related tasks such as thermal cutting and grinding, repairs broken or cracked parts, fills holes and increases size of metal parts, positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding. Provides direction to less experienced welder associates.
• 6+ years of related experience
• An experienced welder (e.g., MIG, TIG, ARC, etc.) with AWS D1.1 certification.
• Must have Cougar Block 1 upgrade or JERRV survivability enhancement upgrade experience.
• Have institutional knowledge of electromechanical, mechanical, and pneumatic skills acquired through years of direct military or commercial support to maintain U.S. proprietary low-density systems.
• Performs welding on ballistic hulls and metals, read blueprints and associated installation instructions, and perform assembly within specified tolerances.
• Proficient in the FCAW and SMAW processes. Provides design details and recommends modifications to engineering designs as needed.
• Prepares instructional guides for repairing, calibrating, and maintaining equipment and systems.
• Pre-Employment Drug Screening
Security Requirements: Secret Security Clearance
**Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.**
ManTech is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. We encourage Minority/Female/Protected Veteran/Disabled applicants to apply.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, please click [email protected] and provide your name and contact information.
To apply for this job, contact: