Alion Science & Technology (www.alionscience.com)
Full Time Employee
Conduct business development with the U.S. Army's military ground vehicle Program Executive offices, Program Manager offices, and the Tank-Automotive Command. Spend significant time at those offices, establishing relationships, understanding customer challenges, and positioning Alion to provide solutions to those challenges via existing and new contracts.
As a recognized authority in the field, possesses and applies an advanced knowledge of business development to position the Company to win major new business. Develops key business relationships and has primary responsibility for identifying and developing opportunities for business expansion. Develops marketing strategies and proposes long range business plans. Acts as a liaison with government agencies and offices.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Provides expertise in developing strategic market/ product line business plans and marketing programs to support sales in designated market segments.
* Analyzes market data to identify trends/opportunities, develops strategic direction from market information, and creates compelling market analysis presentations.
* Applies advanced knowledge in developing and validating viable business models for business partnerships and acquisitions.
* Develops, establishes, and maintains relationships between the company, strategic partners and customers.
* Identifies, evaluates and develops business opportunities with new and existing clients and potential teaming partners.
* Coordinates the development of proposals for new business with project technical staff, company management and proposal teams.
* Acts in an advisory capacity until the opportunity is won, providing expertise on the client and environment.
* Provides support to upper management in negotiations, contract development, due diligence, and other business or alliance development needs.
* Represents the company at technical and professional associations within the industry.
* Provides guidance to lower level Business Development Marketing Representatives.
* Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The ideal candidate would have significant experience with the U.S. Army, either as an active duty officer and/or a government civil servant, with at least 10 years of that experience at or supporting U.S. Army military ground vehicle Program Managers offices. The ideal candidate would have an in-depth understanding of the Program Managers offices business practices, organizational structure, leadership, and how they conduct contracting. The ideal candidate would understand how the Program Manager's offices manage cost, schedule, and performance risk, and be able to utilize that understanding to best position Alion to provide solutions to the customer's challenges. The candidate must be by nature friendly, outgoing, genial, positive, and capable of quickly establishing personal rapports.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor¿s degree in related field and at least 10 years relevant work experience in a government contracting environment. Master¿s degree preferred.
* Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
* Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Expert knowledge of the technology industry, company capabilities and competitive offerings.
* Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
* Strong networking skills to create and maintain formal and informal communication networks.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information
U.S. Citizenship Required.
To apply for this job, contact: