Alion Science & Technology (www.alionscience.com)
Full Time Employee
The Military Analyst Sr. provides subject matter expertise on Command and Control (C2) communications, network infrastructures, systems, and applications in support of the Joint Staff, J6, Architecture and Integration Division (AID).
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for identifying C2 requirements and compiling them into Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) architectural diagrams for promulgation to all of the Services to maximize interoperability. Assist in the preparation of high level senior staff officer briefings on Joint Architectures and in coordinating periodic architectural conferences. Interfaces with Service Training Commands to coordinate and represent requirements.
Support the acquisition, development, and requirements of major military programs through the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS). Review and edit Joint Capability Documents (JCD) , Initial Capabilities Documents (ICD), Capability Development Documents (CDD), Capability Production Documents (CPD), Information Support Plans (ISP), and DOTMLPF Change Recommendations (DCR). Support Joint Information Environment (JIE) development by review and edit of Technical Architecture Descriptions (TAD), Engineering Design Specifications (EDS), Reference Architectures, Enterprise Architectures, Portfolio Descriptions (PD), Service Descriptions (SD), or Element Descriptions (ED). Analyze and develop communications and systems architecture viewpoints; Obtain information from joint and allied doctrine, lessons learned and best practices, to build joint operational and tactical systems architectures; develop analytical reports.
Demonstrates superior writing and presentation skills to develop briefings, documents, papers, and conceptual and analytical reports for clients.
Maintains and complies with security procedures in the performance of duties.
Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor¿s degree in engineering or a related scientific discipline plus a minimum of 6 years of directly relevant work experience. Master¿s degree preferred.
* Former US Military Officer, with a working knowledge of tactical operations and communications. Tactical Operations Center, Combat Operations Center, or military base/installation level signals/communications and data network experience a major advantage. Prior DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF) development and Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) experience a plus.
* In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 10 years applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new technology or labor market shortages as reflected by market survey data.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Familiar with the principles, methods, and techniques used in network design and development.
* Familiar with modems, data scopes, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and network management software.
* Knowledge of Information Assurance Policies and Procedures, including the DIACAP process.
* Knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
* Computer literate and proficiency in Microsoft applications.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
* U.S Citizenship and a current SECRET level security clearance is required for employment.
Diversity Statement Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information U.S. Citizenship Required.
To apply for this job, contact: