Financial Analyst Sr
DynCorp Recruiting (www.dyn-intl.com)
The Financial Analyst Sr develops, interprets and implements complex financial/administrative/accounting concepts or techniques for financial analysis.
Knowledge & Skills
- Conduct special studies to analyze financial actions and prepares recommendations for policies and procedures.
- Interpret and applies policies, government legislation and accounting theories.
- Ensure compliance with internal procedures and regulatory agencies.
- Provide interpretation of financial policies, governmental legislation, accounting theory or customer financial regulations.
- Analyze financial information to determine present and future financial performance.
- Acts as a liaison between program controls group and prepares comparative evaluation of actual costs against budgets.
- Review complex financial data received from managers for inclusion in indirect and forward pricing rate packages submission to the government.
- Make recommendations to management regarding cost saving or profit generating opportunities and profitability improvement strategies.
- Develops plans including budgets and schedules to meet contractual/project requirements.
- Coordinate, negotiate and resolve financial compliance issues with various agencies.
- Perform other qualified duties as required.
- Able to demonstrate proficiency in finance and accounting relational databases.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), General Accepted Accounting principles (GAA), and General Accepted Accounting principles (GAAP).
- Excellent decision making, problem solving, communication, and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft and/or Deltek preferred.
- Results oriented individual with exceptional organizational skills and able to work independently.
- Good working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
Experience & Education
- Forecasting/Budgeting/Variance Analysis experience
- Understanding or experience with EAC (Estimate at Completion)
- Month end close experience
- Four (4+) years’ experience as a financial analyst.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or an associated discipline.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Normal office environment.
To apply for this job, contact:
Save This Job
Email This Job to a Friend