Full Time Employee
Radar Navigation Software Engineer (Job Number:421016)
Provide software development for ONR in the area of watercraft operating in GPS denied areas and overcoming that situation with radar, maps and coastline topography.
- Design and develop C++ code, Python on Linux.
- Interface to radar systems and GPS systems.
- Develop algorithms, document algorithms, use source code control, design tests and execute tests in the lab and at sea trials.
- Write software on a Linux operating system.
- Program in both Python and C++.
- Creative thinker who enjoys working on algorithms, who has independent skills with compiling and debugging, and doesn't get too sick on a boat.
- Work with the Robot Operating Systems(ROS) software Architecture.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree, 4 additional years experience in lieu of degree.
- 3-6 years’ experience with C++, Linux and Python.
- Should be familiar with 3D Point and Image Mapping.
- Familiarity with ROSS software architecture is desired.
- Active Secret or higher Security clearance required.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 18, 2016, 5:49:48 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: