Full Time Employee Contractor
The candidate will be expected to provide sound technical direction and guidance for the planning, designing, directing, coordinating, conducting, and reporting of on-aircraft installed EO/IR system test and evaluation. Specific tasks include test plan writing, development, and support for installed aircraft EO/IR sensor systems for both ground and flight testing applications. This position will also require significant interaction with high level program office personnel for the particular systems being supported. Active engagement in the training and mentoring of junior branch employees in the technical and administrative aspects of flight test engineering will also be required.
1. This position will require, at a minimum, an acceptable Bachelor?s degree in Engineering or equivalent with professional competence in the flight test and evaluation engineering discipline sufficient to provide overall management and technical direction of flight test requirements and processes.
2. The candidate must have a solid understanding of advanced principles and practices of engineering including general knowledge of electronics and mechanical engineering.
3. Strong writing and oral presentation skills are desired.
4. In depth knowledge of T&E engineering principles and processes to modify or extend current theories or test practices and/or procedures is also desired.
5. The candidate must have a working knowledge of both the theory and methods of aircraft testing, methods of weapon system acquisition and support requirements, and reduction and analysis of test data.
6. Advanced knowledge of such Forward Looking Infrared (FLIR) and Infrared Countermeasure (IRCM) EO/IR sensor test functions as sensor resolution, probability of detection, sensitivity, dynamic range, false alarm susceptibility, signal output, bore-sight, pointing accuracy, field of regard, field of view, tracking capability, system hand-off, sensor capabilities, and systems integration are highly desired.
To apply for this job, contact: