Full Time Employee
CarMax has been a Fortune “100 Best Companies to Work For since 2005”, Fortune and People en Español magazines, 2015, “10 Best Workplaces for Hispanics and Latinos, was awarded a 2016 Top Workplaces honor by The Atlanta Journal Constitution and ranked 5th of Atlanta’s top 25 large companies, and Training magazine’s “Top 125 Training Companies” 2008-2015. Our culture is built upon the values of respect, integrity and transparency, and we live these values every day in how we treat our Customers and our Associates.
We are looking for call center representatives on our bi-lingual team. This team of associates works with our Spanish speaking customers who have accounts with CarMax Auto Finance. The representatives are responsible for educating customers on the status of their account, the ramifications of a past due account status and to influence the customer to make payments. This team also provides translation services for internal associates needing assistance in servicing our Spanish speaking customer base.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Take incoming phone calls from customers and answer customer questions regarding his/her account.
• Make outbound collection calls to customers and influence customers to make payments on the past due account.
• Negotiate with customers to make payments on the account to cure the delinquency status of the account.
• Process customer payments via inter-company computer systems.
• Educate customers regarding their account, interest accruals, late fees, credit reporting, payment options and account management options.
• Provide Spanish translation service to facilitate communication with Spanish-speaking customers for other associates.
• Work with other departments/personnel where necessary to resolve customer questions/issues.
• Fluent in Spanish and English.
• Multi-task in a high energy and fast-pace work environment.
• Speak and listen effectively with CarMax customers via phone.
• Use a variety of influencing technique to convince the customer to make a payment.
• Tolerate stressful interactions with customers.
• Ability to identify problems and resolve or escalate as needed.
•Work a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends.
• Complete CarMax provided training as required.
• Understand and adhere to company policies, procedures and collection laws/ regulations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent or 6 months related experience.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Basic typing skills.
• Ability to speak fluently in Spanish and English.
• Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with both associates and managers.
• Ability to convey a professional and positive image to customers and associates.
• The position requires execution of basic math skills.
• Apply a common sense approach/understanding to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions and ability to deal with problems in standardized situations.
• Great work-life balance, community involvement, team engagement events, on-site gym…etc.
• Not a suit & tie environment, think jeans and sneakers.
• Flexible work hours with shifts that include days, evenings, and weekends.
The current hours for the department are Monday through Friday 8:00am to 10:00pm, Saturday 9:00am to 6:00pm and Sunday 10am to 3pm. Candidates must be willing to work at least 2 evening shifts Monday through Friday, and a rotating schedule Saturday and Sunday.
To apply for this job, contact: