Full Time Employee
The Sr. Engineer position is responsible for Leading large projects and driving continuous improvement through the implementation of Lean concepts and manufacturing design. The position will work with operations to find new opportunities then communicate and influence up to the manager and director levels to drive change. The Senior Engineer will also be responsible for mentoring and development of 1-2 fellow engineers and take a leadership role within the group. The Senior Engineer is expected to have a good understanding of all the Reconditioning Systems, specializing in 5-8 specific operations, while being considered a SME for 2-5 of them.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Direct the implementation of Lean concepts such as single piece flow, 5S, standardized work, and visual.
• Oversee the design of work stations and production lines
• Responsible for training and developing other Engineers regarding department and company standards and processes
• Responsible for creating and assisting team members in creating standardized work and provide content for training material on production line techniques
• Design building layouts to support the needs of the production system
• Selection and testing of all equipment, tools, materials, supplies, and processes
• Mentor locations in problem solving using a Toyota based methodology and assist them with developing action plans
• Lead and participate in Kaizen events
• Manage large projects of high complexity with 10 or more associates
• Responsible for the report out of results to the Regional VP level
• Define manufacturing standards and ensure current processes are capable of meeting the manufacturing standard
• Set labor standards and staffing guidelines
• Provide input for the Process Engineering Strategy team strategy and planning that supports the functional areas of the business.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Good understanding of all Reconditioning Systems.
• Specialized competency in 5-8 specific operations, while also being considered a Subject Matter Expert on 2-5 of them.
• Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple projects and tasks on time sensitive schedules
• Must know and understand the business and engineering mythologies to meet business objectives
• Keeps larger picture in mind when approaching problems
• Ability to mentor others and uses experience and knowledge to train and develop others
• Travel: on average 50% of the time, could exceed 50% depending on the project
• Facilitates group discussions with diplomacy and seeks diverse opinions
• Ability to read the audience and adjust communication style appropriately
• Delivers organized and engaging presentations; tailors message to the audience
• Written and verbal skills are clear and professional and able to adjust to the appropriate audience
• Must utilize advanced analytical thought and quantitative methods in solving complex problems
• Able to use applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio and AutoCad
• The position requires strong analytical and organizational skills
• Must be able to simplify complex situations and react accordingly
• Ability to identify and conduct root cause analysis to problem-solve
• Ability to evaluate complex issues and develop innovative solutions
• Must look at situations from multiple angles, applies different methods to develop conclusions and anticipates challenges
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Engineering degree, required
• Simulation Software experience, preferred
• 5-10 years of lean manufacturing experience
• 3-5 years experience with project management
• 1-3 years facilitating classroom and shop floor training events
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• May occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
• May frequently bend, kneel squat
• May frequently stand
To apply for this job, contact: