Full Time Employee
What we do:
Are you looking to buy a car, but there aren’t enough pennies in the piggy bank? We want you to have that dream car! How can we make that happen? CarMax Auto Finance Group. Our awesome development team is helping to put people in the driver’s seat every day!
Who we are looking for: (Yes, this could be you)
This Senior Developer will be responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance, and support of software solutions. For this senior developer, you must be experienced in programming skills, RDBMS knowledge, and design patterns. You should be an excellent team player (No backseat drivers, please!), comfortable taking lead on development projects with the ability to effectively manage priorities and tasks.
You will be a key hands-on contributor in the software development life-cycle, performing analysis and design, and application development as well as driving development teams to achieve project goals.
Let’s get under the hood! Here is the techie stuff:
• Fluent in .NET (C#/VB.Net)
• Solid understanding of RDBMS scripting and data models (MS SQL Server)
• Passion for APIs & Web Services (Web API/WCF)
• Experience creating both web desktop apps
What we would REALLY like:
• Angular.JS (or other SPA frameworks)
• TeamCity (or other build (C/I) automation)
• ETL Experience (SQL Server Integration Services)
Here is why we need this to be a senior role:
• You know what it means to write high quality, maintainable, testable code, and you enjoy doing it.
• You’ve owned and driven the development of complex projects or feature over the course of several months or years
• You can break down complex problems rigorously and understand the tradeoffs necessary to deliver great, impactful products
• Consistently shown the ability to mentor others
• Ability to participate in a 24×7 on-call rotation as scheduled, and the ability to perform after hours support as needed
• Can effectively categorize problems and respond with the appropriate level of urgency
• Ability to understand & document business requirements as well as provide a proposal of the appropriate solution
• Ability to lead customer/project meeting(s) for highly complex project definitions, needs assessments and design review
• Ability to drive through obstacles and time constraints to successfully meet deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to deliver solutions through building consensus in both business and technical perspectives
What you need to have:
• 5+ years of application development experience
• 4 year degree required; IT related course of study preferred
• Preferred experience in appropriate development language (see Technical section)
• RDBMS experience
• Typically 5+ years of database development experience (see Technical section)
If think this is you, let us know and apply! What are you waiting for?
See for yourself on why you should come work here:
To apply for this job, contact: