Full Time Employee
CarMax is looking for a senior developer to drive innovation in our digital photography and merchandising space. This position will work directly with a product manager and user experience expert to design and develop tools for associates to capture, manipulate, and store images, as well as innovate new ways to display and manipulate our product images that will enhance our customers’ online experience.
The primary responsibilities of this position revolve around our Online Merchandising product line working to discover and deliver opportunities to drive the team KPIs. This includes but is not limited to enhancing our ability to capture, process, manipulate, and display product images through various channels; influencing the customer’s online experience; taking ownership of the entire stack of software development related to this project (working with .NET, Microsoft Azure, and Android); and ensuring that application development efforts consistently meet CarMax®: business requirements, direction, and standards.
This is a lead application development role that will report to an IT Manager. This Senior Developer will be responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance, and support of software solutions, as well as ensuring that software development meets CarMax®: quality expectations. Associates in this position must be experienced in programming skills and design patterns. This Senior Developer should be an excellent team player, highly qualified to lead medium to large development projects, and organize priorities and tasks. This developer will be a key contributor in the software development life-cycle, performing analysis, design, and application development, as well as driving development teams to achieve project goals.
What we’re looking for:
* Deep understanding of HTTP, HTML, and current web development frameworks, patterns, and practices
* Experience with high-volume web architecture at both a software and infrastructure level
* Passion for software quality and experience with continuous integration and delivery practices
* Experience with automated testing
* Familiarity with common software design patterns
* Ability to mentor junior developers and help them weigh tradeoffs in design decisions
Software Development Methodology and Support
* Takes ownership of software delivery and accountable for successful releases
* Experience in Agile software development, strong desire to eliminate waste and deliver value
* Comfortable partnering with business owners to collaborate on product specifications, direction, and design
* Excellent written communication, able to provide clear technical specifications for business requirements
* Support an on-call rotation for nighttime incidents a few weeks out of the year
o Microsoft .NET
o HTML/CSS and other web design components
o Microsoft SQL Server
o Continuous integration, continuous deployment, and automated testing
o Endeca technologies
o Sitecore Content Management
o MongoDB/No SQL Technologies
Education and/or Experience:
Years of experience
5 + years of application development experience required
4 year degree required; IT Course of Study preferred.
Preferred experience in appropriate development
language (see Specialty section)
Appropriate Certification Preferred (see Specialty section)
Typically 6+ years of database development experience (see Specialty section)
Candidates must be legally authorized to work for any U.S. employer on a full-time basis. Sponsorship will be considered for this specific role.
To apply for this job, contact: