Full Time Employee
Security Engineer (Job Number:421229)
SAIC is hiring a Security Engineer in the Northern Virginia, DC Metro area.
As a part of SAIC's growing team of cyber security engineers, you will:
- Document Security Baseline Configurations
- Analyze organizational security policies and create security baseline configuration documents for various systems/platforms based on accepted standards.
- Create system/platform security hardening configuration checklists used for measuring compliance success.
- Plan Information System Security Evaluation and Hardening
- Evaluate new information security technologies using manual and automated tools.
- Configure and implement information security technologies
- Validate system hardening and provides guidance for security configuration
- Evaluate network and system security configuration for risk based access control
- Conduct Periodic internal audits for Risk and Compliance
- Monitor and analyze information security alerts from network devices and information systems Responds and/or directs the response to information security incidents
- Analyze indicators of compromise for use in detection
- Report risk posture of information systems
- Collaborate with various teams and government sponsors on new threat indicators
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 2 - 8 years of Information Systems Security Engineering experience
- Must have prior experience with Retina, Nessus, Tenable Security Center or similar vulnerability detection tools.
- Possess or able to obtain within six months an information security certification commensurate with DoD Instruction 8570 (including but not limited to Security+ or, SSCP) preferred.
- Prior experience managing Information Security Monitoring
- Be comfortable with *NIX Command-line Interface for evaluating hardened system settings.
- CISSP or equivalent certification.
- Prior experience with Tripwire products, HP WebInspect or DB Protect
- Must currently possess or have the ability to obtain and maintain Public Trust level clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 12, 2016, 11:24:45 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIENNA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
To apply for this job, contact: