Full Time Employee
Title: MWR Supervisor
Job Number: 1045333
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Supervises and coordinates activities required to operate Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) facilities. Plans, and assigns work of expatriates and host country national attendants in MWR facilities. Monitors and organizes the use of MWR facility computers, phones, and other office equipment. Arranges maintenance and provides very basic technical support for MWR facility computer hardware and software. Job role is responsible for measurable assets. Skills are typically acquired through an undergraduate degree in Exercise Science or Kinesiology. CPR and first aid certification is preferred.
• Provides exercise guidance, testing, prescription, and supervision to MWR users and teaches group exercise classes.
• Assists with the delivery of health programs and maintains monthly health bulletin boards and educational materials.
Current Certifications required:
• CPR/first aid/AED required upon hire
• Individual or Group Fitness Instructor accredited certification from (NOCA, NCCA accredited Organization; Cooper institute, ACE, IFPA, ACSM) per Navy MWR CINCINST 1710.3
• Sports Official Certification/s (minimum one or more of the following: Volleyball/Softball/Flag Football/Basketball/Soccer)
• American Red Cross Lifeguard certification per Navy MWR CINCINST 1710.3 and /or ability to obtain on site in first 60 days.
• Knowledge of Sports Facilities/ any Grounds Turf Field Maintenance (a plus) Officiating experience
• Must be able to conduct Preventive Maintenance on Fitness Equipment
• Must be able to properly use and demonstrate to patrons safe lifting techniques for fitness equipment
• Customer Service training equivalent to Navy Star Service Training
• Must be fluent in English
• Must possess passport book (not passport card) with at least 12 months of remaining validity AND with at least 4 blank visa/stamp pages remaining
• Must possess current U.S. driver’s license with at least 6 months of remaining validity
Supervisor shall have a 4-year degree from an accredited college or university with a major study in one or more areas of appropriate field of recreation or 3-years of general experience where candidate has satisfactorily demonstrated an understanding of goals, principles, methods and techniques of fitness, recreational sports and aquatics. Must have an understanding of the interests and motivations of individuals and groups equivalent where candidate may have gained by education or experience.
In addition, he/she must have 5-years of specialized experience as NF-4 or as a Middle Manager in a similar or equivalent capacity in civilian commercial business. Experience must include 2
years of experience involving the coordination of organized team sports, fitness and sports event scheduling with preferred MWR Armed Forces experience. Supervisor must understand and manage the coordination of the aquatics facility and staff, and will be responsible for maintaining Government equipment inventories. All certifications must be current through the period of the contract.
It should be understood that employment may be located in potentially dangerous areas, including combat or war zones. This might involve the possibility of suffering harm by dangerous forces or friendly fire. These dangers are inherent to working conditions in a dangerous environment.
Job: Quality, Health, Safety and Environment
To apply for this job, contact: