Full Time Employee
Windows/Mac Systems Administrator (Job Number:421025)
SAIC has an opening for an experienced Windows/Mac Systems Administrator. The primary responsibility is to provide Windows/Mac Systems Administration support for the server systems. Duties will include hardware, software, operating system maintenance, performance tuning, capacity planning, and testing. In order to manage our mission essential computing environment, it will be critical for the successful candidates to develop close working relationships with team members, customer groups, and other teams.
The successfully candidate will have the ability to work well with multiple staff, managers, and other computer support groups in a high stress environment as a critical part of the position. This individual needs to have proven ability to manage multiple and changing responsibilities to meet the dynamic nature of the position. This position will require interaction on a daily basis with no less 5-10 people as part of a team. This will require a proven ability to organize a complex schedule and coordinate with corporate resources as needed.
Primary Responsibilities and Abilities:
- High level operational maintenance, support and upgrades of complex operating systems, including, shared components, commercial off-the-shelf application interoperability validation, and system security configuration management.
- Recommending, designing, and implementing systems management and automation systems
- Supports a wide range of computer hardware, file storage subsystems, workstations, and peripherals.
- Participate in the modernization of integrated hardware and software solutions that meet performance, scalability, reliability, and security needs.
- Ability to understand the application and utilization of high-end software packages.
- Ability to define systems requirements based on user/client needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience (4 years) and 2 years of Technical experience.
- Tier 2 support for Windows Desktop systems
- Tier 2 support for Macintosh Systems
- Installation and configuration of all hardware
- Installation and configuration of all peripherals (including printers, scanners, PDAs, network cards, sound cards, etc) Performing periodic maintenance checks on all PCs
- Procurement of all PCs and peripherals Preparation of all hardware for reapplication
- CAD, CAM, CAE Design and Layout tools, ISE’s, IDE’s,
- Compilers, Code Tuners, Most approved software packages that need to run on a center computer
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of workstation operating systems
- Assistance installing local software Assistance installing custom network-based applications
- L Clearance to start
- Tier 2 Linux Desktop support
- Must be able to obatin Q Clearance – L to start
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 16, 2016, 8:35:12 AM
Primary Location: United States-NM-ALBUQUERQUE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: DOE L
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE Q
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: