Full Time Employee
Signal Engineer Principal (Job Number:421272)
SAIC is looking for a Signal Engineer Principal
- Provide subject matter expertise to Government lab leadership on emerging initiatives and technologies related to satellite systems capabilities, data processing, and technical sensing phenomenology.
- Provide local assistance as directed to address local operational needs.
- Advise government lab and enterprise leadership on efficacy of planned lab initiatives and risk reduction efforts related to spacecraft and ground processing, with a special emphasis on sensing Low Earth Orbit (LEO) spacecraft mission.
- Provide expertise and experimental advisory support on space systems capabilities for unusual anomalies.
- As Subject Matter Expert (SME) on space mission activities and system, identify new methods to operate current and future space missions new innovative methods and in safe modes. This includes initiatives of all types of payloads to include communication applications.
- Advise government lab leadership on operational efficiencies, including innovative allocation of limited resources (personnel, power, space, cooling) to be most effective.
- Advise on and support highly technical experiments generated by internal and external teams to test adapting spacecraft platforms into new and evolving missions.
- In an advisory manner, support proof-of-concepts, transitions of prototypes to operational use, and innovative processing techniques.
- Evaluate the value of planned experiments and initiatives that plan use of on-orbit space assets.
- Represent Government lab leadership in evaluating site architecture and capability changes from impact assessment, and leveraging emerging lab capabilities into innovative concepts.
- Perform systems engineering to evolve the current enterprise lab architecture to better align with planned operational environments, to facilitate rapid and less costly transitions of mature lab experiments and initiatives.
- Provide technical operations and analytic support by performing strategic planning and collaborating with the labs in the evaluation, creation, and recommendation of new/emerging technologies or techniques to address emerging customer and mission partner requirements.
- Identify ways to leverage current or emerging lab capabilities during high priority crisis event, and coordinate the integration of capabilities across the enterprise to provide Quick Reaction Capability (QRC) support. Identify research and development tools and algorithms to transition to limited operations.
**Must be a US Citizen that has an ACTIVE TS/SCI with POLY**
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S in Engineering with 10 yrs. experience or M.S in Engineering with 8 yrs. experience
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 16, 2016, 1:21:59 PM
Primary Location: United States-NM-LAS CRUCES
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: